1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1-to-1 backup DL iso of Arcchos protected possible?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by VJbob, Apr 25, 2007.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

Using DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD I noticed that I can rip to video-files but that DVD Shrink 3.2 fails to analyze the compilation even though it can be resized and successfully burned using Rebuilder. My question is will a DVD ripped as an iso using DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD running have any playback errors despite not being analyzable by DVD Shrink. Didn't want to waste a DL disc. Any info appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

After protection has been removed, I believe that DVD Shrink either accepts the files as meeting requirements or issues an error message.
    The DVD files can be played back in Shrink to check for errors and the Analyse button can be pressed to force analysis.
    All that aside however, I don't believe that Shrink will analyze a file if no compression is required - and will issue a message telling you so.
    I understand that a combination of Shrink and Decrypter are the way to go with DL disks.