1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 basic questions regarding newbies wanted to know about.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jp_rykov, Sep 19, 2004.

1. jp_rykov

jp_rykov Guest

1) (PS2 and XBOX) do we have any sites that provide updating your modchips version or you have to buy a new modchip for that so that it would be updated?

2) what is the best dvd writer software to write down PS2, XBOX AND GAMECUBE(if any) games?

3) what is the best dvd rom on the market today that would make EXCELLENT copies of PS2, XBOX AND GAMECUBE games?

4) what are the recommended sites to download software updates? (e.g. EvoX, HDD loader... etc..etc)

5) if you want to put back the original interface of your PS2, XBOX AND GAMECUBE (xbox- with the green x on it with green features, ps2 with the circles and gamecube with the box... get the picture?) or if youre going to upgrade a newer hard drive for that (20 -> 120 or higher) and still want the original interface for that, can you download that from a site or if you have any suggested site to download it from... where?

6) where can you get additional and unique patches for different interfaces on your PS2, XBOX AND GAMECUBE?

7) what is the best modchip for you that doesnt cause you any problems and still loyal to that brand of chip?

8) can you save the copied games through your PC and then transfer it to PS2, XBOX and GAMECUBE? what cables do you have to use? what software?

9) what kind of softwares can you possible do to maximize the use of your GBA (e.g. book reader... etc...etc)?

10) in regards to wireless gaming controllers... GAMECUBE has wavebird... when will PS2 AND XBOX have theirs that came from the manufacturer originally?

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

I can only answer the q's in relation to xbox.

1 - do you mean updating the bios? If so then yes. These are usually found on irc

2 - Record now max, nero, alcohol 120%

3 - I have 2 liton DL dvd burners and have not had a single problem yet. As far as disks are concerned, ritek seems to be the flavour of the month.

4 - cant link you to downloads - search google, its not hard to find.

5 - wtf?? With the xbox you can run the original dashboard and an alternate dashboard off the same hdd. Such as the ms dash and evo x dash. You get a chip that supports it and simply activate it seperately.

6 - patches??? for games? rarely needed, software such as qwix and craxtion do it for you.

7 - well loyalty is all up to you and your preferences. Normally xenium is a pretty good and popular choice.

8 - yes -cross over cable and a new xbox dashboard. search the forums for threads on evo x

9 - what is a gba?

10- who knows, probably never. email them and ask, or just go buy a third party wireless control pad

3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

why do you have to ask stupid questions, why dont you just read up, for half of that, the other half, no one knows what your talking about.... maximizing the use of your GBA (game boy advance)

and wireless controllers...... why does it matter if there Xbox ps2 name brand merch? it is all going to play the same.

4. rogerklu

rogerklu Member

how can you tell what version your xbox is? I'm trying to figure out which chips are compatible with my xbox. It seems as if a lot are not compatible with v1.6

5. punx777

punx777 Regular member

simple go to google and type xbox version identification

all i know is mine is a clear green halo edition and that meens its 1.2 :)