1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 avi and 2 subtitle file

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by bartyboy7, Apr 4, 2007.

1. bartyboy7

bartyboy7 Guest

hi all. wonder if any one can help. i have 2 avi files and 2 subtitle files. they play perfectly together in wmp. what i want to do is this. i want to join avi together which i know how to do. but that means the 2 subtitle files would be no good. so i need to join subtitle file together. to be honest i have done this before but didnt write down how i did it.i think i used subtitle workshop. and then i used a program called auto gordian knot to hard code them to the avi. that bit i know.(i wrote it down). its the first bit am not sure of.i have tried to do it but when i play avi iam getting both sets of subs showing at once. thanks for your time..

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Yeah, Subtitle Workshop.
    Tools-->Join Subtitle

3. bartyboy7

bartyboy7 Guest

joined avi up. then i joined subtitle file up using tools - join subtitle. when i play it both subtitles play at the same time

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You need to join the subtitles before the avi or at least before you delete the 1st part since that is needed to adjust the subtitle timings. The 2nd subs timings need to be shifted forward by the length of the 1st avi, but Subtitle Workshop does that for you.

5. bartyboy7

bartyboy7 Guest

i still get 2 subs playing at the same time. can you tell me step by step on how to do it please

6. OneMember

OneMember Active member

1. Use Subtitle Workshop to adjust part 1 (.avi and subtitle).
    2. Use Virtualdub(mod) to join those two .avi files to one.
    3. Now adjust that subtitle part 2 to working with that new .avi file.
    4. Then use Notepad / Subtitle Workshop to join those two working subtitle files and save it to new .srt or .sub file.

7. bartyboy7

bartyboy7 Guest

i dont know what to say now, this just tells me what programs to use. not how to use them. sorry to appear thick but can anybody actually explain how i do this

8. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

I told you. Subtitle Workshop: Tools-->Join Subtitles
    Load the first sub, then the second, set the first movie fragment, make sure that recalculate time values is checked and join.