1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 disk solution to dvd9

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bengo, Jul 13, 2003.

1. bengo

bengo Member

how do i make bit for bit backup over 2 disks please. Checked search, no joy.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Rip the whole disc to hard Drive. Use TMPGEnc DVD Author (available: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_r_tools.htm ) to select half of the VOB's and create a disc out of that. Then use it again to select the other half and create a disc out of that. Your DVD will now be split on two discs.

You cannot make a bit to bit copy of a DVD-9 on one disc. You cannot ever copy bit to bit anyway because of CSS encryption.

chris

3. bengo

bengo Member

thanks O, I,ll try some of that. Bit for bit of course was wrong but you know what I mean,Cheers.

4. bengo

bengo Member

Hi, Oriphus, I got the tmpgenc dvd author thingy, its not exactly plain sailing is it?could you give me a hint or two about getting started please?__X_X_X_X_X_[small]bengo[/small]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2003
  5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Ok
    - Click create New project
    - Add DVD Video
    - Select the first half of the VOB's
    - Select menu at the top if you wanna create a menu
    - Click on Output
    - Select Folder
    - Click Begin Output.

Do the same for the rest of the VOB's

6. bengo

bengo Member

Thanks again O, I'll let you know how I get on!
    May be a little while, machine went tits up after cat peed on mobo, bless him!

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - ill be posting a guide on the http://www.chrismccann.co.uk that addresses the basic usage of TMPGEnc DVD Author. Make sure to press ctrl f5 to view the updated homepage.

Cheers
    Chris

8. bengo

bengo Member

Hi again Oriphus, Just out of curiosity, what would happen if once I decoded a disk I then made a copy of the entire file,deleted the later vobs in copy 1 and the earlier vobs in copy 2 (producing two files under 4.4Gig) and then burned them.would they play? and would I have effected a clumsy but usable 2 disk copy? (Expecting distant laughter)

Cheers! Ian_X_X_X_X_X_[small]bengo[/small]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2003
  9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Dont worry about deleting the VOB's. Use TMPGEnc DVD Author to select only the relevant VOB's. It will then create IFO and all other needed files for you. You can burn that to disc in a VIDEO_TS folder and it will work.

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/tmpgenc_dvd_author.htm

10. bengo

bengo Member

hiya O,ta for the guide,I was looking at jools holland,ten years later.Although your guide was helpful, unless i'm being really thick, it doesn't make it exactly plain how to deal with a disk like this, thankfully the laptop hasn't got pissed on yet and I think I'm getting there.As I said I'll keep You posted.
    Refer whingers to me,nowts perfect but you ARE there lot's aren't you ? cheers, Ian.__X_X_X_X_X_[small]bengo[/small]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2003