1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

23.97fps to 25fps

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by G4ry, Dec 10, 2003.

1. G4ry

G4ry Member

I apologise if this has been done, but i couldn't find a thread.

I have a film that is 23.97fps, i need it to be 25fps because i live in PAL land. I have seen guides about using virtualdub and avi frame rate changer to change the fps to 25 and then using programs such as Goldwave to change the audio so it's in sync.

My question is it all seems a bit vague the guides that i've been looking at and was wondering if anyone had a really nice detailed guide that works that they could tell me about.

Also when i watch the film in virtualdub after changing the frame rate, the film looks like it is running faster than it should be. Is this normal?

Sorry for the long thread.

Appreciate any replies.

Thanks Gary

2. berny

berny Member

yes it is normal for it to speed up as u r increasing the frame rate. this means that the movie will play 1.03 fps faster.

3. G4ry

G4ry Member

Thanks for the reply.

I sped up the film using that avi program i said i used. Then i went to goldwave and went to effects and time warp and put in the length of the video so it could adjust the sound. When i play it, it sounds fine on musicmatch or on goldwave. However when i encode the audio with the video in TMPEGEnc the audio is out of sync and it sounds like it's been slowed down.

I'm going to try again sometime over the weekend, but have you got any other ideas?

Appreciate the help

Gary