1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

26" LCD TV to be used as a monitor. Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JasonnB, Sep 6, 2007.

1. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

Hey guys, I have this video card: ATI 9200, 128 mb "All in wonder" card. I bought a 26" Vizio LCD, which has a resolution of 1366x768.

Now, in my properties of my video card, I can only find 1360x768. I put it to this setting.

I copied this from the Vizio manual online if this helps.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/images/xyz/lcd_res.jpg Specsheet from Vizio

http://www.vizio.com/media/products/pdfs/VW26LManual.pdf

It does not look right on the new 26" lcd!!! I see less on the screen than I did with my 17" square LCD. I don't get it. Everything is much bigger, my email program gets cutoff and I see less of my in/out box, everything it too big.

If I change the resolution to 1360x1024, it helps images and my email program, but text is fuzzy, and print looks weird.

Here is what my screen looks like on a square 17" LCD monitor

Here is what my screen looks like on a the widescreen 26" LCD monitor

What can I do to get this 26" monitor to look right??? I don't want to see less area with this bigger monitor. Help.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Get a better video card. The one you have is an antique.

3. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

My current card supports tons of different resolutions, high and low. A newer card isn't going to fix my issue, is it?

Is the problem because the native resolution of this 26" LCD is 1366x768? I want to use it strictly as a PC monitor.

For ex, if you look at PC monitors only, I see 26" ones with resoluation of 1920x1200. Is that was I should have bought? I'm confused.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  4. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

like GrandpaBW said, your graphics card is very old, a new one (a GOOD new one) should be able to support your huge monitor.