1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4,464 mb problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by danadena, Oct 8, 2004.

1. danadena

danadena Member

Hello,
    I have been making (media) backups for a while now. I have always used Memorex DVD+R's, I had nearly a 100% burn rate. I ordered a new batch from Amazon, these are beating me up bad. I now have a 50% rate, the picture shutters, locks up, and the end is cut off. I did notice these discs are a little thinner. Somebody told me to try Ritek Ridata 4x dvd+r to cure the problem. I got them this morning, the shuttering and locking up stopped, but the endding is still getting cut off. I changed the shrink mb from 4464 to 4200 and that seemed to fix that. My system is a Dell 8300, windows XP, Teac DV-W58E. I use dvd dycrypter, shrink 3.1, and nero 6. My questions are, why did this all of a sudden start? Has anybody else had problems with Memorex? I have always sworn by Memorex as I have used them for years and years (cassettes, CD's, VHS, etc.) and the DVD's for about 7 months.
    If anybody has any input, please let me know.
    Thanks
    Danadena

2. john179

john179 Active member

danadena you should have posted this question to the media forum.Memorex are crap get yourself a good quality Ritek disc.Have a look around the media forum and you will find not many takers for memorex.Most people regard as junk and stick to quality Ritek.Give it a try and i reckon your problem will be solved.I hope this helps you mate as i have had many problems with memorex myself in the past.I saw the light when i became a member of AD and have stuck to Ritek since.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The Greatest football team in the world
    Asus A7V8X-X XP2800+,2x120gb,1.5gb Ram
    Ati 128mb Graphics,Lite-on 411S NEC 2510A
    os windows xp sp1[/small]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  3. danadena

danadena Member

Thanks, John179
    I will check out the Media forum, sorry about that.

4. john179

john179 Active member

No problem mate hope you get sorted with a good media

Thanks
    John179