1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?!?!!?!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Adam1127, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Adam1127

Adam1127 Member

Im having a problem starting up windows xp when i do a (hotswap)
    when the XBOX'S hdd is in the master I.D.E ok this is wat im doing
    I turn on the xbox and wait for the big X and xbox and the white microsoft logo to appear then i pull out the xbox's I.D.E and the
    screen freezes. Then i turn on the pc and press the Pause-breake button before its fully booted up. And plug in the master I.D.E cable into the xbox's hdd. And the pc's hdd is pluged into the secondary I.D.E and then press enter to continue the loading prosses
    after it goes down a list of the computers spec's or what ever it goes to a differnt screen that says boot from drive falir please insert system disk and under that it says operating system not found. so then ill do it again this time i whont connect the xbox's hdd onto the pc and it will load up just fine
    does any one know what im doing wrong? or any tut that might point me into the right path???

2. AkaMrMike

AkaMrMike Regular member

It looks like you are doing everything right except the primary and secondary part just do that the other way, and it should fix problem pc primary xbox secondary. If you need additional help then take a look at this page hotswap fix. One more thing to make sure of is the jumper setting on xbox hd just set to cable select.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  3. mhack

mhack Guest

leave the master ide on the pc hd
    then disconnect everything from the secondary IDE this is for the xbox hd

i find if you do the hotswap with win already loaded it works better follow this guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766