1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** 64bit CPU's & Motherboards - whos got one? - Thoughts and views!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Rotary, Mar 20, 2004.

1. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

thats the same download i posted

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I got it on disc a good while ago. Havent used it yet since i dont have a 64bit processor. Not expecting to get one anytime soon either. lol

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

not sure but i think yours is an upgrade? this is full version bootable! no need for xp pro to install...

yes oriphus i am going to wait as i have read good/bad and prices need to come down as the prescott 3.4 is out with HT 800FSB and AMD FX 53 is here so that should shake the prices up???

Thxxx...

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Good call. I think it is still too soon on the 64bit systems. Also I saw today that Best buy here in Canada has a AMD 3200 package for $1000. look at www.bestbuycanada.ca if interested. That usually means that beter stuff will soon be out.

Oriphus you only have a P4 2.5!!!
    My notebook is P4 2.8Ghz. But I bet you HD kills mine, my only is 4200rpm as standard for notebooks. But my Rams not bad at 266Mhz.

I did notice the little guy, my mom gave me one like that for christmas long time ago. I just liked the Flower patterns on the walls and couldn`t think of any thing else!!!
    But looks like its under the stairs, are you like Harry potter an have to live under the sink. Good to see you out source is at Afterdawn.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

yes Prisoner its one of those ornament things! also yes i am going to wait on the new cpmputer 64bit! i got a fast system now - i just felt the need for speed (again!!) lol....

i think oriphus's HD is a 3200rpm thats why he going to ATA133 that will fly!!! i have 2x serail SATA150 on mirror raid but there isnt much between those really..

so Prisoner you out in canada? how are prices there for computer parts? are you 110volt there or 240volt like UK?

Thx...

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, only a P4 2.53GHz processor.

My system will be like this very shortly:

Intel P4 2.53GHz Processor
    1,024 GB DDR333 PC 2700 RAM (soon to be 2GB)
    Maxtor Plus 9 7200rpm 160GB 8MB Cache HDD
    ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with 64MB DDR
    Pioneer DVR107 Writer
    Creative Live 5.1 Sound Card
    19 inch Monitor
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Few cables
    and a mouse mat

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Hi all

[bold]*** WARNING *** WARNING *** WARNING ***[/bold]

Picture this a dark quiet corner of our planet, there sits a dormant computer lying in wait of its transplant and evolution to the next generation, i think i can see the rainbow dawning as life is breathed into the heart, but wait! yes i can hear the post heart beat pumping - shhhhh quiet, BUMP - BUMP - BUMP

[bold]Oriphus's computer goes online 06.00 hours real time sunday 28/03/04 - has he finaly created " A.I. " SKYNET fights back! we will have to send in a T1000 liquid man to chase that sucker to shut it down![/bold]

to go where no man has gone before! is that a clingon on that starboard computer case? NO! dont panick its only cables....phew.....

!!! WELCOME TO THE MATRIX !!!
    http://www.hairobics.fsworld.co.uk

Thx...
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    ITS THE BULKPAQ ORANGE "GENERATION 4" GUY www.ukdvdr.co.uk
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    http://dvdshrink.info
    http://dvdshrink.info/compilation.php 2 dvds in 1[/small]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Who's been on the coffee?? Come on!!! Own up....lol ;-)

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Yes I am a Canadian. Depends on where you are and go for parts. At the Compufest I was last weekend I bought a P3-733 512Mb 133 ram, 10gb HD, for only $200 Can. That is now a Linux Redhat box.

Here we are 120, show should be good with some of Europe and you can always buy addaptors.

Are you sure about that 3200rpm, My notebook is 4200rpm and thats crap. Most drives are 7200rpm or the newest SCSI I saw at the compfest were 30000rpm.

11. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Its definitely around the 3000rpm somewhere. Its a 3 year old hard drive i think. Its crap anyway. Received the new Hard Drive and im itching to put it in but im gonna wait for the new 1GB RAM first of all.

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

3years ago was 2001!! The Hard drive on my P 200 from 1997 was a 4200rpm. Unless you bought it really cheap I doubt its 3000rpm. Most likely 5400 as I think that was about standard in 2000-2001 time frame.

13. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

This is funny I am tring to find the same website that had all the orignal specs of my old Compaq. Doing google searches I Keep finding my posts on afterdawn. Really funny. But it is a 4500rpm drive.

I found an older 1.19Gb Hard drive in a box that someone was throwing out on the street. Its a 5400rpm Drive I think. I have been tring to find its specs. The only 3000rpm drives I have seen are 5.25 not 3.5 and very small in size.