1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Crazy Dbox problem...

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by PapaLazru, Mar 21, 2007.

1. PapaLazru

PapaLazru Guest

Got a mad one for ya`s,

Ive got my LCD HDTV plugged into the same 4 plug extension cable as my DBox2. I turned my HDTV off last night when I went to bed and then when I tried to turn it on today the HDTV wouldnt come on, the blue standby light wouldnt come on either,it looked dead.So I unplugged the dbox and the blue light on my HDTV started flashing(its normally a solid blue light when the tv is on standby) and it still wouldnt turn on.

So I unplugged the HDTV and plugged it back in again without the DBox plugged ina nd it came on as normal.

Ive tried it a few times now and it does the same process everytime I switch the HDTV off(when i say switch it off, i mean switch the power off, theres a button on the back, i dont mean switching it to standby) with the Dbox plugged in.

Can anyone tell me what can be causing this?

The only thing Ive done is that I cut the 2 pronged plug off and added a 3 pronged plug with a 3amp fuse.

cheers for any help.

2. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

What's happening here is the HDTV has got jealous of the Dbox2 getting all your attention and refuses to respond to you unless you unplug the Dbox which It refuses to speak to. Better give the TV a hug & tell it you still love it!! ;-)