1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO MX ANDROID

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by piopat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. piopat

piopat Active member

i suppose before i post any tutorials i should first explain for people who may not know just what an mx android is and what it can do .

the name should tell you that its an android box , if you have a quite new mobile phone (one of the touch screen phones ) then chances are its an android phone . you will notice its got a lot of apps (applications ) like google and facebook , google maps etc etc , well an android box is very similar except of course its not a phone lol .

an android tv box very simply allows you to view on your tv lots of tv channels , tv shows , live sports (premier league ) , movies including movies currently in the cinema and more all free . most movies are dvd quality and there are even blue ray and 3d movies , but you will of course need a 3d tv to view 3d content . but new cinema movies can vary in quality .

now i am not telling anyone to get one of these and then ring and cancel sky , if you do that will be entirely your own choice . and im not telling you that you will have all of skys channels in wonderful hd for free either , but yes you will get sky channels but these are free channels and the quality can vary from poor to excellent depending on the source of the channel .

there are many apps that can be easily installed that will allow you to watch reams of free tv shows and entire seasons of tv shows in top quality all free . there are also niche apps for people to watch old classic tv and movies , aswell as plenty for the kids , and even a good selection of adult fare , and as i say its all free .

very simply put these boxes have two formats for viewing , thats xbmc and android . there are some great android tv apps but most apps are watched via xbmc . you will here people say KODI just so we are clear kodi is the new name for xbmc .

there are numerous types of android and they come in different shapes . i call them mx android but mx doesnt necessarily mean one specific box type , it covers many android boxes . different makes of android boxes will have different firmware just like different satellite boxes have different firmware . for example enigma 2 box images on the whole may be essentially the same they will be modified to suit the box type they are designed for . different types of android boxes will have different types of firmware but usually the xbmc side is pretty universal . that said there are different versions of xbmc called frodo and gotham etc , very simply put gotham is the latest version and frodo is a bit older . as you can imagine (like with a sat box ) there are software changes over time and new versions are released and new apps are made , old apps may not work with the new software and vice versa . this is life , but that said some people have the older frodo for example and have few problems , but you can get apps that will work fine on one version of xbmc but not on another .

you can buy these boxes (at an extra cost ) fully loaded , fully loaded means it comes with all the best apps pre installed and basically the box is ready to go , just connect box to the tv via the hdmi cable , and of course plug in the box . but that said as with sat boxes if you basically buy a plug and play box you wont really learn , but i suppose thats up to the individual .

here is a picture of the same model of android box i have an mx 2 android

[​IMG]

from the picture above it may look big but in reality it would fit in the palm of your hand , its about 5 inches wide on all 4 sides . these mx2 boxes are wifi , just like your laptop , so all you need to do is add your wifi key and your away . and the wifi works ok i have to say , but it works via ethernet cable also .

so ill leave this explanatory post here and move onto my next post in this thread and my first tutorial .

2. piopat

piopat Active member

when you receive your mx android as i said earlier chances are it will atleast come with the basic android apps installed and also xbmc installed , all be it there may likely not be any xbmc apps installed unless your box comes fully loaded .

the first thing you need to do (obviously connect the box to your tv via hdmi and plugin ) is to connect your box to the net . you can do this wirelessly quite easily . when you first power on your box (depending on the model you bought ) you will see an android picture followed by mbox , and then you will see two white boxes which are the regular launcher and the 3d launcher . i just use the 3d launcher myself . so use your remote to highlight the 3d launcher which is on the left of screen and press ok button , you may have to do this twice or 3 times .

now onscreen you will see various picture options , if you press the left or right button on your remote you can move through the options . by the way most functions you use will require you to use the up/down and left/right and ok buttons , so i will mention those buttons quite a bit . now as you move left or right through the options i mentioned just above the option ready for selection will be the one thats in the center of your screen . you will see that one has a picture of a green android in the bottom right corner of the picture , when that option is in the center of your screen press the ok button .

now you should see something like this but maybe not exactly . we will call this the main android app menu .

[​IMG]

as you can see above there are lots of apps and a little picture icon for each app . there should be an app for settings , on my box its called SETTINGS MBOX and the icon has cogs on it . what ever icon you have go to it using your up/down and left / right buttons and then press ok button to open it .

now you should be in the settings menu and network should be the first option you see

[​IMG]

you can see above there is a WIFI option and a tick box with a green tick in it , and also an ethernet option and tick box , if your box is being connected via ethernet cable just use your up/down right / left and ok buttons to go to ethernet and put a tick in the box , if your using ethernet thats it just wait till you see connected on screen and then your done with this bit and you can exit these menus .

if you are choosing WIFI place a tick in the wifi box , it might be ticked by default . now below where it says WIFI there should be a list of wifi networks that your box can connect to , use your down button to go down to your wifi network and then press the ok button . now you should see INPUT PASSWORD (this is your routers wifi key ) and below that is a tick box that says SHOW PASSWORD , if you want to see what you are typing put a tick in that box .
    by the way your wifi key should be on a sticker either behind or under your router , or the router may have come with a card with the wifi key printed on it .

now when you are on INPUT PASSWORD press the ok button and an onscreen keypad will appear . just use your up/down and left right buttons to go to the letter you want and then press ok button . for numbers you will see a key on the keypad like this ?1234 , go to that and press ok on it and the numbers will appear , press ok on that key again and you are back to letters . when you have typed in your wifi key select DONE on the keypad , then press your down button and go down to CONNECT NOW and press ok button , all being well your box should connect (wait a few seconds ) if all is well exit back to the main android apps menu .

your box is now connected to the net . now amongst your android apps you should see xbmc , the apps are in A to Z order as they go down your screen so xbmc should be near the bottom . go to xbmc and press ok button to open it , you should see similar to this , lets call this the main xbmc menu #

[​IMG]

use your right/ left buttons and go rightward to SYSTEM , options will appear beneath system , use your down button and left / right to go to system info and then press ok . use your down button and go to NETWORK , all being well it should say INTERNET CONNECTED . if so you have completed the first part and you are ready to install xbmc and android apps .

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  3. piopat

piopat Active member

now as i said earlier there are two types of apps android apps and xbmc apps , xbmc is itself an android app , but the apps we will add to xbmc are not android apps . but i will show you how to load both types .

there are a few ways to load xbmc apps , one way is by downloading an app to a usb memory stick and then inserting the stick into the usb slot on the android . another way is to load what is called a repository , a repository (or repo for short ) is a storage place for many apps , and there are lots of repositories that you can add to your box . once you have a repo installed you simply open it and look through the list of apps and select the ones you want to install .

you can get a repo in a zip file and install it via your usb stick , or altrernatively you can install a repo very simply by typing the repo url (a url is a link to a site on the internet ) into your box .

firstly the url you need is http://srp.nu/

and this is how you add it to your box . in the main xbmc menu use your right button to go to SYSTEM , and then go down to FILE MANAGER and press the ok button to open it . this is what you should see

[​IMG]

go down to ADD SOURCE and press ok button , now you will see this .

[​IMG]

use your down button to go to where it says NONE and press ok button , a keypad should now appear .

now i havent got a picture of the keypad to hand sorry , but its similar to what you did with the wifi keypad earlier . but for this key pad you have to use the cursor , there is a cursor button on your remote control , mine is in the bottom right corner of the remote control . where ever yours is press the cursor button to activate it , now press your right / left buttons and all being well you should see the cursor onscreen moving about . so all you have to do is use your right /left and up/ down buttons to go to the letter you want and then press ok button . you will have to use symbols also such as :// , on the left side of the keypad you will see SYMBOLS go to that and press ok button , your keypad will now have changed from letters to symbols , go to and select the symbol you want , then your keypad will change back to letters automatically . any time you want a symbol you have to go and select SYMBOL as above and then select the symbol you want . when you are finished adding the url above go to and select DONE , and the keypad will disappear.

now below where you typed in the url you will see ENTER A NAME FOR THIS MEDIA SOURCE , go down there and press ok button . again the keypad will appear , and as above use the keypad and type in super repo , when you are finished select DONE ,the keypad will disappear again . then go down a little further and select OK to save your work . right that bits done .

now exit back out of that menu back to the main xmbc menu and to SYSTEM , use your up / down buttons and go to SETTINGS and press the ok button .go down to ADDONS and press ok button , now go down to INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE and press ok button . now you should see a list of files etc and you should see super repo , go to it and press ok button .

[​IMG]

you should see similar to above . now as i said earlier the latest xbmc is gotham , so if you have the latest xbmc go to and select gotham by pressing ok button , if not select frodo . then in the next screen select ALL , and in the next screen you should see similar to this

[​IMG]

select the repo that you see in the picture above by pressing ok button , now it will start to install . with xbmc any time you install an app look in the bottom right corner of the screen , it will say WORKING and then ENABLED . when it says enabled your are done .

now exit back a little bit to this point

[​IMG]

go down to and select GET ADD ONS , now you should see super repo listed , go to it and open it by pressing ok button . now listed will be all sorts of lists of apps such as music addons / program addons and video addons and more . so lets just say you want to install some good video addons to try , well go down and select VIDEO ADD ONS , one of the first in the list is 1channel (its about 4th in the list ) 1channel is a great free movie addon with lots of old / modern and cinema movies . so to install this addon simply go to it and highlight it and press the ok button . you will see WORKING in the bottom right corner of screen and after a short few seconds you will see ADD ON ENABLED . thats it the addon is installed , now select other video addons to install , or even if you want exit video addons and open music addons and select some add ons there , the choice is yours . when you have enabled some addons and you want to view them exit all the way out of these menus back to the main xbmc menu .

now go to VIDEOS , and use your down and left / right buttons to go to ADD ONS and then press ok , the video addons you installed should be listed , select on and open it . if you installed music addons do likewise in the music section .

you can add as many repos as you like via the method above .

as i said repos also come in zip file form . so if you have a repo zip file download it to a usb memory stick , and insert the usb stick into any usb connection on the box .

in the main xbmc menu use the usual buttons to go to SYSTEM , use your up / down buttons and go to SETTINGS and press the ok button .go down to ADDONS and press ok button , now go down to INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE and press ok button . now you should see a list of files etc and you should see sda1 (that is what your android calls your usb stick ) , go to it and press ok button . now all being well you should see the repo zip file on your usb stick so select it by pressing ok button .as above you should see WORKING and then add on enabled . your repo is now installed so go back a tad to here

[​IMG]

as you see in the picture above go to and select GET ADD ONS . then the next bit is just as you did above

now you should see the repo you just installed listed , go to it and open it by pressing ok button . now listed will be lists of apps such as music addons / program addons and video addons and more . if you want video addons go to and select video addons and a list of video addons will appear , to install an addon simply go to it and highlight it and press the ok button . you will see WORKING in the bottom right corner of screen and after a short few seconds you will see ADD ON ENABLED . thats it the addon is installed , now select other video addons to install , or even if you want exit video addons and open music addons and select some add ons there , the choice is yours . when you have enabled some addons and you want to view them exit all the way out of these menus back to the main xbmc menu .

now go to VIDEOS , and use your down and left / right buttons to go to ADD ONS and then press ok , the video addons you installed should be listed , select on and open it . if you installed music addons do likewise in the music section .

you can add as many repos as you like via the method above .

4. piopat

piopat Active member

to install an android app you also download the app onto a usb memory stick and then insert the memory stick into the android box .

android apps have the extension .apk at the end , so for example you might have filmontv.apk , xbmx apps dont have the extension .apk , so if you see a file with .apk at the end you know its an android file .

now so for this part lets start in the main android menu , so if you are still in xbmc you need to exit xbmc and go to the main android menu . now look for an app called file browser and go to it and open it (different android boxes may not have filebrowser , they may have another filebrowser type application ) . you will see 7 little icons across the top of the screen and below that you should all being well see a list of all files on your usb stick . so press the down button and go down to and highlight the android app you want to install and press ok button , you may be asked if you want to install SAY YES , basicly anything you are asked say yes , and as above you may see WORKING and then ENABLED . and thats it your done , you have now installed your android app . if you have other android apps on your usb stick you can install those in the same way . and when your finished installing exit out of that menu .

thats it for now guys , ill add more stuff to this thread , and if anyone has questions feel free to ask and ill try to answer .

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  5. piopat

piopat Active member

i forgot to say you can add xbmc addons via usb stick also , i mean that while most addons are available via repos they are also available in single file format . as an example ive added a very good working xbmc file to this post , that gives you lists of sports / movies and many tv channels .

just simply download it to a usb stick , and insert the stick into your android .

in the main xbmc menu use the usual buttons to go to SYSTEM , use your up / down buttons and go to SETTINGS and press the ok button .go down to ADDONS and press ok button , now go down to INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE and press ok button . now you should see a list of files etc and you should see sda1 (that is what your android calls your usb stick ) , go to it and press ok button . now all being well you should see the file you on your usb stick so select it by pressing ok button .as above you should see WORKING and then add on enabled .

thats it your done . now exit those menus and go back to the main xbmc menu. now go to VIDEOS and then addons , and then select aaalivetv from the list of addons you have installed by going to it and pressing ok button. then select a channel list to view .

Attached Files:

6. piopat

piopat Active member

ANDROID FAQS Q&A

1/ what is an android tv box ?

basicly its a little box that turns your tv into a smart tv . if you own a quite new mobile phone or tablet you will see it has lots of applications (apps) for different things such as google and facebook , well an android box gives you pretty much all those apps and more but you view them and use them on your tv . but in addition to this an android tv box will give you xbmc , with xbmc you can watch tv from all around the world / tv series / movies and lots more and all free .

2/ do i need to have a smart tv to use this box ?

no . all you need is a regular tv with a hdmi connection .

3/ do i need to have the internet connected to this box ?

the short answer is yes .

4/ how do i connect my box to the internet ?

well there are a few ways . the first way is to connect an ethernet cable from your broadband router to your box . if your box is a distance from your router that may not be an option , so you can use the box to connect to the internet wirelessly (like your laptop does ) as it has a wireless capability , you simply adjust the menu settings to wireless/ wifi and add your router wpa key . another option is a wireless device such as (or similar to) homeplugs or vonnets , homeplugs are like plugs and they come in twos . you plug one into the wall socket near your router and attach an ethernet cable between the router and homeplug , you plug the second homeplug in near the box and again attach an ethernet cable between the homeplug and box , and thats it .

5/ with this box will i get lots of free movies ?

yes . you will have access to thousands of movies from old classics to modern classics , to recent movies and even movies currently in the cinema , and also lots of tv series from old tv series to the latest series being broadcast on tv . please note that cinema movies can vary in quality from poor to excellent .

6/ my broadband speed is very slow only 2 or 3 mb , will that mean i cant use this box ? .

no . 2 or 3 mb while slow will still allow you to watch much of the content available with no problems . however true hd movies and channels require broadband speeds of atleast 5mb , so if your speeds are lower you will likely encounter severe freezing when trying to watch a true hd movie/ channel or it simply wont open .

7/ can i watch 3d content with this box ?

the answer is yes , but you will need a 3d compatable tv and 3d glasses .otherwise all you will see is a fuzzy split screen .

8/ my friend has an android box but he cant view movies on his why is that ?

well it could be for any one of multiple reasons , it could be his box is faulty , or not properly connected to the internet , it could be that his movie addons or box firmware needs updating . or it could be that his broadband provider is blocking these sites . certain uk broadband suppliers are actively blocking certain sites so people cant view them .

9/ so does that mean i cant watch these movies ?

no you can still watch them by editing the settings for individual addons and adding an unblocked url , a url is a link to a site online , so basicly if the old url is blocked you (where possible ) add the new url . or you can use a vpn service that allows you to watch online content anywhere .

10/ are these boxes illegal ?

no . they are 100% legal and sold online everywhere even on ebay . however the content you view or download may or may not be deemed to be not legal . in the sense that movie companies want you to pay for movies and tv providers want you to pay for tv channels and if you are being provided these free well they will want to stop this by legal means . that is not to say that they will be after you , it means that if anything they will only try to stop the sources you view from . you can view and download if you wish within the law , where it becomes tricky is if you re distribute these channels or downloads by uploading them to other sites. so you can view and even download , and as long as you dont download content and then upload that content to other sites you are strictly speaking within the law .

11/ can i download movies and watch them later ?

yes you can . if you install a particular addon it will allow you to download movies / tv shows etc , but you will need to attach a usb stick to your box and set the menu up so that it knows to download to the usb memory stick .

12/ will this box let me watch all skys channels free ?

yes and no . there are addons that give you many tv channels and many of them are channels you see on sky but in some cases they may not be the exact channels you see on sky . for example you will see discovery channel , or multiple versions of discovery channel , well one version may be the usa version , another version may be the uk version , and another may be a european version , but the content is pretty much the same . and as these are free iptv channels they can stop working , and then usually the person who uploads the channels fixes them so they work again . so for example the usa version may work while the uk version is down , and then the uk version may work while the euro version is down , of course all versions may work .

13/ euro channels ? wont they all be foreign language channels ?

yes and no . quite a lot of channels have dual or multiple audio options but not all . so for example discovery channel russia while being broadcast with a russian voice over for russian people may have dual audios , that means you can change the audio and select english and get the proper discovery channel audio .

14/ will i be able to watch lots of free sports ?

yes . yes you will be able to watch lots of sports including premier league free . however the picture quality of channels can vary from poor all the way up to excellent .

15 / what about radio and music ?

yes you can listen to lots of radio and even lots of mp3 music .

16/ can i surf the internet with this box ?

yes you can . however these boxes come with a regular remote control as standard , while its ok to use really it could be better , so its not ideally suited to surfing the net but it does the job ok , but the answer is yes . you can purchase a wifi keypad that works a lot better or if you are lucky your box will come with a wifi keypad . the wifi keypad / remote is two sided , one side has a regular remote and if you flip it over the other side has a keypad . one end of the remote contains the remote sensor , and the other end is for the cursor . point your remote at the box and move it and the cursor moves , so all you have to do is point and press ok button . it makes life easier , but as i say the standard remote while not ideal will do the job fine .

17 / my android phone lets me view facebook , will this box let me view face book also ?

yes .

18/ are all android tv boxes the same ?

no . they come in different shapes and sizes for a start , mine is square while others are round or rectangle . some are dual core while others are quad core . some are clones and some are original . some are jailbroken others are not . some are fully loaded others are not etc etc . also they firmware for these boxes will vary from box maker to box maker .

19 / are all mx android boxes the same ?

as above the answer is no . there are different versions of the mx box from version numbers like mx 2 / mx 3 / mx 8 etc , to different manufacturers who have modified the box be that internally (hardware ) or firmware wise . when i say mx android i mean the box has mx printed on it and because its an mx 2 or mx 3 etc , but mx android is also a sort of loose term used across the android range .

20/ does this box have a satellite tuner built in so i can view channels from my satellite dish ?

no . these are internet tv boxes not satellite tv boxes , but they do allow you you to view 1000s of tv channels both satellite and terrestrial . there are now some combo satelite / android boxes and you can even add xbmc to some of the latest enigma 2 boxes but the mx android boxes are usually stand alone iptv boxes .

21 / where do all these movies and tv channels come from ?

from the internet . its all streamed online on various sites or sent via the internet , thats why its called internet protocol tv / internet provided tv or IPTV .

22/ can i view hardcore adult xxx content free ?

yes you can . you have addons that let you view adult content from multiple online adult sites , you also in some cases have access to the adult tv channels available across europe . please note if using such addons that you should ensure your children dont have un supervised access to this box .that said there are parental restrictions you can apply .

23/ are there parental settings available on this box ? .

there is as far as i know an addon you can install for this .

24/ i can buy an android from china for £35 (when they cost atleast £60 in the uk ) should i buy from china .

that would be entirely your own choice . but you should be aware of the risks of buying from asia . one risk is with the warranty , some asian companies simply send a box and if it should be faulty wont honor the warranty and as they are in asia there isnt a lot you can do (where as in europe or the uk the law is there to help you ) , not all asian suppliers now but some for sure . so you could get a faulty box and try to contact the supplier only to find they just dont answer you . if they did answer you and were happy to give you a replacement box it would mean you would have to return the faulty box to asia at your own cost . on top of that if you buy from asia when the box arrives you may be liable for vat charges in addition to the cost of the box , vat charges plus a potentially faulty box that has to be returned would not only nullify any savings you made but could end up costing you money . that said many people buy from asia with no problems at all (i have done myself ) and without being caught by the nice vat man , but you need to be aware of what could happen .

25/ what is the best and safest way to pay for a box and to protect me ?

well paypal is one of the safest methods . you can buy on ebay and many sites using paypal . plus paypal protect your rights , so if you dont receive what you paid for or you recieve a faulty item etc you can make a claim to paypal and they will either get you a replacement item or AFTER 2 OR 3 WEEKS refund you if the seller doesnt honor the sale or the warranty .

7. piopat

piopat Active member

HOW TO CHANGE THE AUDIO ON AN IPTV CHANNEL

if you guys are used to viewing iptv channels on an enigma 2 box you will no doubt have viewed some foreign channels that have dual or multiple audio sources . that is a channel may for example be russian , and the main audio may be dubbed in russian , usually with an enigma 2 box you can press audio button and if multiple audio sources are available for example english you can then use the remote control to select english . then you can view the channel with english audio .

well you can do this also with xbmc / android iptv channels . now there are multiple apps for viewing iptv channels , as far as im aware it doesnt really matter which xbmc app you use to view iptv , the method to change audio should be the same . (this method does not work on addroid iptv addons )

so open an iptv channel that you know has dual or multiple audio sources (or open a channel as a test to see if it has multiple audio sources) and play it . when the channel is playing press ok button , you should see various options/icons on the bottom of the screen such as PLAY / PAUSE / FORWARD / BACKWARD / PAUSE / etc and each icon has a light circle around it . if your playing a channel you should see a brighter circle around the pause icon .

what you do is press the right button on your remote control and go over to the icons on the botton right of your screen . the third icon you see over there is a sort of speaker / sound icon , press your right button and go to that icon , you will know you are there because the circle around the icon wont be light it will be bright , and when your there press ok button .

now you will see the audio settings menu , and there are various audio options and also a subtitles option , subtitles is usually enable by default . to know if you have something enabled just look on the right side of the audio settings menu and you will see that most options have a little circle , a grey circle means NOT ENABLED , and a blue circle means ENABLED , so if you see any options with a blue circle they are enabled . if you want to enable or disable an option just use your down button to go down to that option and then press ok button .

ok on this audio settings menu you will see an option AUDIO STREAM , now if a channel has ony one audio source you will see 1/1 that means one of one or that only one audio option is available , if you only see 1/1 that means you cant change the audio for that particular channel , so if the current audio is foreign you cant change it . however if you see 1/2 that means the current audio is one of two available options , if you see 1/3 you will have 3 audio options and so on .

just to the right of where you see 1/1 you will also see two little arrows , one pointing up and the other pointing down . usually the up arrow is highlighted in grey , now if you have multiple audio options available press the left button on your remote to highlight the down button , then you should be able to use your down button to select an audio . but as i said above if you only see 1/1 that means you only have one audio option , in which case you are stuck with that option . you can only change audio if you see 1/2 or more than 2 .

by the way if you dont know it , when you are on the icons i mentioned earlier such as play / forward / backward / pause etc well if you press pause you can pause live tv .

depending on the skin your box has or indeed the make of box you have you may not have the above options . a skin is very simply the look and layout that you see onscreen , as with say enigma 2 boxes skins can be modified and changed . my skin on my box is called confluence and it is the default skin , so if you have changed your skin or your box supplier has changed it or f you have an entirely different make of box your skin may not have the options mentioned above ,

8. piopat

piopat Active member

if you live in the uk you may find that certain media sites are blocked , you will be blocked from accessing these sites on your computer / via tsmedia or via your android box . this is because your isp (broadband supplier is blocking these sites , not all uk isps are doing this but some are .

so if you live in the uk and have an android box and if for example you want to watch icefilms but the app does not work , chances are that your isp (internet service provider ) is blocking you from viewing this site . well you can get around that with your android , you can change the url in the app settings to a proxy url , the url is the short name for a link to a site online , in this case the icefilms site .

this is easy enough to achieve , first you need the new working proxy url , here is the url for icefilms

Code:
    https://ipv6.icefilms.info/l
    here is a list of urls for many blocked sites

Code:
    https://unblocked.pw/
    all you have to do to get the url of a blocked site is open the above link , a list of site names will be listed , all you have to do is click on the site name to access the site on your computer . then look up in the top left corner of your screen and you will see whats called the web browser , in the web browser you will see a url ( a link ) that starts with http:// . so if you are viewing icefilms on your laptop and if you look up in the top left corner of your screen in your web browser you will see the icefilms url which is

Code:
    https://ipv6.icefilms.info/
    PLEASE NOT THAT I HAVE PLACED CODE AROUND THE ABOVE LINKS SO AS TO DISABLE THEM , AS I DONT WANT TO POST ANY LIVE LINKS THAT MAY BE IN BREACH OF FORUM RULES . ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COPY AND PASTE THE LINKS ABOVE .

so now you have the new proxy url of the icefilms site you have to enter it into your android box . so switch on your android and open xbmc , next select VIDEOS , then use your down button and then your right button to highlight VIDEO ADDONS and then press ok button .

now you can see the list of all the addons you have installed , go to icefilms (dont open it just go to it ) and highlight it and then press your menu button , thats the blue button on your remote .

now a pop up box will appear with 3 options

1/ add on information
    2/ add to favourites
    3/ add on settings

so use your down button to go to ADDON SETTINGS and then press ok button to open it . now near the top of the screen you should see some options like MENUS / ACCOUNTS /META DATA and so on , MENUS will likley be highlighted in blue , so what you do now is use the right button on your remote to go along these various options , and when you have MISCELLANEOUS highlighted in blue stop .

now if you look a little below you will see a line that says ICEFILMS SITE URL and to the right of that is a url or link to icefilms . press your down button to go that and then press the ok button . now you should see the keypad onscreen , this keypad is pretty much the same as your laptop keyboard so simply use the keypad to either edit or change the url so that you have the new working url onscreen . once you have the url entered go down and press ok on the keypad .now you should be back on the previous menu and if you look you should see your new url (the url that you just entered ) listed on the screen in front of you , if so use your down button to go down to OK and then press your ok button on your remote , thats it .

now exit back to your addons menu and open icefilms and all being well it should work . the list above contains quite a few new working urls so you can use the same method to fix other similar blocked addons .

9. piopat

piopat Active member

HOW TO FIX AUDIO / VIDEO SYNC

some times on an android when you play an iptv channel or a video or tv show etc you can find that the audio is out of sync with the video . meaning that the audio can be a couple of seconds ahead of or behind the video , the good news is that this is very easy to fix .

when you are playing a channel or video with the audio and video slightly out of sync press ok button . now if you look near the bottom of the screen you will see little icons such as backwards / forwards /pause etc , and each little icon has a light circle around it , if your playing a channel or video the pause icon will be highlighted and have a bright circle around it . now look to the right of screen and you will see a few more icons , if you press the right button on your remote you can move over there and select icons .

now press the right button and go to the third icon , when you are on that icon it should be highlighted with a bright circle around it , if so press the ok button . now you will be in the audio settings menu , use your down button to go down to AUDIO OFFSET . now press the ok button .

at this point you will just see a scale with a blue line in the center , and at the end of the scale is a figure 0.000s (this figure will change as you fix the audio) . now if your audio and video is out of sync as i say its often just a second or two off , but the audio can be ahead or behind . when looking at the video you can probably judge if the audio is ahead or behind , either way all you have to do is press the left button or right button (probably once or twice or so either way ) and do this slowly and watch the video and audio sync on tv , when its matched perfectly your done . thats it , now just press the exit button and exit that menu and go back to the tv channel .

10. piopat

piopat Active member

HOW TO FIX / UPDATE ADDONS AND REPOSITORIES

the first thing here is that addons are always fixed / tweaked and updated , these addons are then updated on the various repositories (repos ) . so if you have an addon installed that seems not to work right or at all (or if you think there is an update available for it ) well you may be able to fix it very easily . now if no updates for a particular addon are available well then naturally you wont be getting an updated version , that said the main apps are usually updated often .

so this short tutorial will help you update your repository , that in turn should in theory update any apps you have installed from that repository . in effect instead of updating each and every app individually you can update them all at once .

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WILL ONLY UPDATE A REPO THAT YOU HAVE INSTALLED (SHOULD UPDATES BE AVAILABLE) ON YOUR ANDROID AND WILL ONLY UPDATE INSTALLED ADDONS THAT YOU INSTALLED FROM THAT REPO SHOULD UPDATES BE AVAILABLE .

so here goes . open xbmc , and from the main xbmc menu go to SYSTEM , then press the down button on your remote and go to SETTINGS . now press the ok button .

now select ADDONS , you do this by pressing the up/ down buttons and go to ADDONS , then press the ok button .

now you need to use the same up/down buttons and go to and select GET ADDONS , so go to GET ADDONS and press the ok button . now if you have installed a repository or multiple repositories well they should be listed on screen .

so now use your up/down buttons to go to the repository you want to update and highlight that repository . now press the menu button on your remote , its the blue button . a pop up box will appear with 3 options

1/ check for updates
    2/ force refresh
    3/add on information

use your up/down buttons to go to FORCE REFRESH , then press the ok button . now it will appear as tho nothing as happened , so press the ok button again , and then press the return button once to go back to the repository list (you may have to exit one more time) . now if the repository and addons in it are up to date nothing will happen , but if there are updates all being well when you do the above if you look in the bottom right corner of screen you will see WORKING .

it only takes a few seconds , you can if you want then open the repo in question and have a look , there may be new addons in there etc . or exit from these menus and go back to the main xbmc screen . if you want to see if video addons have been updated and fixed go to videos and press the down button and then the right button to highight ADDONS , then press ok button and all your installed addons will be listed . now with any luck you should find that some apps that didnt work now do . so there you are a nice easy and quick way to update , have a try and enjoy .

all of the above said a lot of addons are auto updated . that is to say that once the addon maker does an update or repair of his addon in a lot of cases these addons will be fixed in your box automatically without you needing to do the above .

suttsy likes this.
  11. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hi piopat have an mx box for a couple of months now I made sure to buy it preloaded , I had to install a lot urls myself ie ,fusion to get super repos. For genesis etc but thanks to the guys on afterdawn tongs007 and another few guys were a great help , I read your tutorial and it's excellent for guys starting off so just to say keep up the good work and if you get any new urls or sites for sports or tv please post thanks again , the more guys that gets these the more we can share info , Thanks again ......
    paulie57 ........

12. piopat

piopat Active member

your welcome paulie

13. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hi piopat i used your file for aaalive , i installed via usb opened the file and ins talled exited out and checked that it was inabled, but when i went to vidoe / addons and went to open aaalive got a box opening up saying
    add a new list
    or go to aaa.com
    please update your aastream
    you must have 1.8 or over
    msu xml movies

when i click on any of the above getting another box

thanks to the following contribeters
    bulkman
    hol king
    merlin88
    teddy
    plus another few as well
    when i click on one or two in the list above it says workin down in the corner for two to three seconds then nothing
    when i click on some of the others on the list it says one or more items failed to play

i have running gotham 1.3 and im thinking is their a issue with the vesion im running .
    ps i also tried a reboot to see would it make any changes but still the same as above ?
    paulie57 ..............

14. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

guys someone might be able to resolve another issue I'm having tried one or two films last night in HD plays away fine as regards picture quality and sound for about 20 mins of the film then freezing and can't go forward . Just seems to brick up and have to exit out tried the film again with different stream provider and stops in the same place, anyone else having this problem with HD movies. Films in SDK don't

15. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Sorry hit the post reply to soon to carry what's happening films in sd seems to be ok ,problem seems to be in HD only wondering is it the box issue or could it be internet provider speed any tech info guy's would be much appreciated thanks in advance
    paulie57.....

16. suttsy

suttsy Member

@piopat, Again bud, top class tutorial & much appreciated.

Suttsy

17. piopat

piopat Active member

hi paulie i added this file to a friends box aswell and i had the same issue . my box has 1.7 and it works as its supposed to work , ive got lots of list of tv channels etc , but on my friends box his addon is 1.8 . the funny thing is i uploaded my backup to his box , so his box should be exactly like mine , meaning he should have 1.7 like me .

now as i said earlier in my tutorial some addons auto update , once the maker has a new update he uploads it to the repo and then your installed addon can update to the new version . well clearly the new version has some sort of issue and its not showing the lists of channels , where my version is 1.7 and showing the lists , so that means your addon has updated to the latest version but my strangely has not . i guess thats luck of the draw , but dont worry , im certain people using the addon will report the problem and the guy who makes it will sort it and upload a fix and then the addon will work as it should .

i was showing my friend the android box tonight and stuff that worked fine on my box didnt work on his lol , i thought friday the 13th was gving me bad luck lol . but aaalivetv is fine for me but as i say my version is 1.7 not 1.8 , but its weird how yours and my friends app updated to the latest version where mine did not . but try again tomorrow and it may i hope have rectified .

18. piopat

piopat Active member

i havent had that problem but then my broadband speed is only 3 to 4 mb so true hd is a no go . i know on tsmedia that movies can stick , on tsmedia with the remote pressing 7 (backwords ) or 9 (forwards ) works , i dont know if the same applies to android but i guess its worth a try . it could also be a buffer issue , you shouldnt really need to if your broadband speeds are good but if your wanting to watch hd movies it might be an idea to play the movie and then pause it for 10 or 15 minutes (let it buffer ) and then play it and see if it makes a difference .

also you dont say which app freezes , or is it any app where you watch hd movies ? .

19. piopat

piopat Active member

thanks suttsy i appreciate the kind words .

20. piopat

piopat Active member

here is a small selection of repo urls that people can add to their mbox , you can then install addons from multiple different repos . to add the following urls just follow my instructions posted earlier in this thread to add super repo as its exactly the same .

Code:
    http://xfinity.xunitytalk.com
    this repo allows you to install such addons as usb / sd card wizard , that addon lets you very easily do a full backup or restore of your xbmc , that means you can back up all your xbmc settings and addons to a usb stick or sd card . note this only backs up xbmc it does not back up android plugins .

Code:
    http://metalkettle.x10.bz/
    above is the metakettle repo

Code:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/Unofficial_Add-on_Repositories
    Code:
    https://fusion.xbmchub.com
    above is the url for fusion , its a repo that lets you install the very best repos available . you add this url just as you add any repo url.

in the link above you can download many repo zip files .

i have also attached 3 repo zip files at the bottom of this post . mx repository lets you install mxbbc player , and mxrte player that will play anywhere . you get rte1 / rte2/ rte news / rte junior . you can get the 4 main irish channels including tv3 and tg4 from the mobdro android plug which i will upload a bit later .

i have already explained at the top of this tutorial how to add repo urls to your box but you also have repos that come in zip files , as you can see i have attached 3 to this post .

to install these basicly download the 3 files to your usb stick and insert the stick into the usb connection on your box .

now go to the main xmbc menu and go to SYSTEM , use your up / down buttons and go to SETTINGS and press the ok button . go down to ADDONS and press ok button , now go down to INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE and press ok button . now you should see a list of files etc and you should see the files on your stick , go to and select the first repo you want to install , go to it and press ok button .

now it will start to install . with xbmc any time you install an app/repo etc look in the bottom right corner of the screen , it will say WORKING and then ENABLED . when it says enabled your are done . then follow the above instructions to install the other repos .

when the repos are installed exit back to where it says INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE , you should see GET ADDONS , open that and your new repos should be listed . go to and open the repo you want to install addons from and install the addon you want as i described earlier in my super repo post .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015