1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO MX ANDROID

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by piopat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. hisss

hisss Member

Thanks Paulie57.

Do I have to uninstall the version that is on there first?

2. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hiss i have done it both ways , but they do recconmend that you delete old version first , last week for a mate of mine , he had 14.0 helix and went up to 14.2 , i installed the new version and once i got it installed went back and deleted old version i followed this video , copy this line below and paste to google search on your computer and follow his video shows you very easy step by step to upgrading let us know how you get on .........
    //www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATvM9bCwdf8
    paulie57 ........

3. hisss

hisss Member

Thanks paulie57.

Have followed the tutorial and downloaded the upgrade.

Going to go through all the repos and addons, get rid of what I don't need as the memory is quite full.

I reckon it's going to take a good few days to get it how I want it.

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hisss should not take u to long to install the repos you need as in fusion and xfinity and totalxbmc , will give u the repos 2morrow and explain how to install them , once you put in one the rest will be the same format most of the add-ons you need are in these e.g. genesis ,Phoenix and so also a few others that we have posted here you can putin as well , keep posting as the guys here in the forum are brilliant with there tech info
    PS did u delete tho old version as that will take up a lot of space
    Paulie57 .....

5. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hisss congrats on upgrading , hope this sorts some of the problems your were having , to check what you have as in repos go to system / addons / install from zipfile / you should now see a list of your files check what you have or do not have , most of the repos you want are in two repos fusion / xfinity if you do not have any of these two let us know . and will explain how to put them in , will save you a lot of time and hassle putting in individual repos
    cheers ........
    paulie57 .........................

6. hisss

hisss Member

I have xfinity and fusion installed. Super repo was already installed, however do you need it?

What is totalxbmc?

Not sure whether I deleted the old version. My other half was doing the upgrade, so will ask him to check.

7. pitro1234

pitro1234 Newbie

Ive read that USTV Now has the prime networks live for free but after 45 days they lose quality..is that true ? what other add-ons are there for live US prime networks (ABC,NBC,CBS...ect) with good quality..

8. hisss

hisss Member

I've opened the new updated Kodi app again and it's saying first run, don't understand that.

9. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hisss most of the repos and addons will be in fusion and exfinity , totalxbmc really is a blockbuster of all repos , but you should be ok with the first two , i dont know i if you have any addons installed yet if not go to system /addons /install from zip file , your folders will open up , click on fusion , select xbmc repos , select english, a list of repos will open , you can pick and choose the ones you want to install for eg / lamdbda 1.1.o zip for genesis also kinkin repos /tk norris repo /elderado repo / and the xbmchub repo for this one once its enabled , go to get addons ,select tvaddons.ag addon repository / select video addons , which will give you pheonix/navix and some more ,post again and let us know how it goes
    paulie57 ..............

10. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

ya you must have the first run wont take a minute
    paulie57 .........................

11. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

pitro , vdub25 / usa live tv is working ok at the minute and quality is excellent

12. pitro1234

pitro1234 Newbie

thanks paulie57 for the info.. will try

13. hisss

hisss Member

Hey guys, does any of you have an anti virus installed?

Also is it worth downloading TVMC?

14. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hisss tvmc is kind of a similar version of kodi , as for anti virus i have avg free adition on my tablet and PC and phone, don't have it on my mxbox , but you can put it on if you want , you can google avg free , were you have versions for Android and Windows .
    How are u getting on with the add-ons on your box
    Paulie57 ......

15. pitro1234

pitro1234 Newbie

cant add any media source in file manager ? I click file manager>then source>then enter path>then done>then I highlight enter name of media source but when i click on it nothing happens... i have to cancel ??

16. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Pitro what source are u try to add ? Are u sure you are putting the url line in correctly , if the line is not exact and you CLICK OK on the name you are giving it , it won't install
    Paulie57 ....

17. pitro1234

pitro1234 Newbie

18. pitro1234

pitro1234 Newbie

i figured a new method.. used pc .. got zips from web site then copied to flash drive then loaded zips..worked that way

19. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Ya have installed a few like that , but as I say if your url line is correct should have no problem installing by file manager, pitro you were asking in earlier post for usa channels , if you go to page 9 here you will see my post for Dragon streams you can install this repo , once installed
    Open Dragon and go to Dragon live tv / I live to / entertainment / have a lot of American channels and all good quality

Paulie57 ............

20. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Pitro the url lines you posted look ok , try Dragon streams and see how that one goes
    Cheers
    Paulie57 .........