1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO MX ANDROID

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by piopat, Feb 12, 2015.

1. pitro1234

pitro1234 Newbie

Dragon streams site is down.. also can you answer this for me..in Genesis..I go to tv shows & search.. for example "Mod Squad" 60's show.. they have all seasons listed but when i click on a episode..it says working then says no stream available ... is that because they dont have it ..but why have it listed then.. some old shows do work though

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. hisss

hisss Member

I have avast on my android phone, so I think I will add it to the box. Just wanted to know if anyone else bothers with an anti virus.

Paulie57 as for addons, I actually haven't been using the box to watch TV. So haven't put anymore addons on the box yet.

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hisss I suppose it's a personal choice to put anti virus on , also if u go to page 9 here at the top , and go half way down the page you will see a repo I posted for maintaining your box well worth putting in and use regularly to keep it running smoothly follow the instructions , read the thread and check it out.
    Cheers
    Paulie57 ..........

4. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Pitro ya genesis tv down at the minute , don't really watch to many boxsets , what I try and do is have 3 or 4 repos for each as in 4 for sport same for films and so on , so if one is down I switch to another , have a few for tv / boxsets two that I have just tried and working good at the minute robin hood and tvonline3.0 ,
    In robin hood project go to tvshows/ blackdragon/boxsets
    In tvoneline 3.0 go to popular shows/ list of box sets
    I'm not sure if they have the one you are looking for .
    Cheers ...
    Paulie57 ....

5. hisss

hisss Member

Thanks paulie57.

Genesis has never really worked properly, even upgrading to helix.

At the moment I'm trying to learn about alter picture quality ect. I know when watching a programme for instance that there is a little film reel you can click on to alter things. So gonna mess about with that.

6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hisss when u say genesis not working properly are u saying buffering when watching a movie, or picture quality poor ,normally genesis movies are pretty good ?

Paulie57 .........

7. hisss

hisss Member

The search function has never worked. I'm not a big film fan, but there was a film I wanted to watch and nothing came up. Didn't even change the page. I also can't watch TV shows on there.

I'm going to do what you suggest and make sure I have 4 or 5 addons for sport, TV, films ect. I think that's a great idea.

8. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hisss genesis tv been worked art the moment , also can u tell me the movie u were try to watch , just curious to see can I get it to run, if not will you try this movie in genesis go to
    movies/most popular/ interstellar 2014, when the box opens up with stream list , the first one should be yiffy CLICK on that , let me know how it goes as in quality bands also is your picture centered as in titles in the centre of your screen ,
    Tongs007 give me the tip on an earlier post to skin down to the add-ons to personal choice and. Box will run a little smoother , also clear your CACHE often
    Paulie57 ..........

9. hisss

hisss Member

Thanks again Paulie57.

I haven't had to chance try the film you suggested. However I will certainly try it and let you know.

Does anyone know how to reduce or stop buffering on live TV?

10. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hisss as I was saying in earlier post I have 3 for live tv , don't really watch munch live tv , but film on tv would be my first choice , quality great and I have had no buffering issue yet , mobdro in your main home screen apps another one , if you don't already have film on tv , should be in video , video add-ons , get more . Some of the guys here in the forum might post some others for you

Cheers
    Paulie57 ...........

11. hisss

hisss Member

The buffering tends to be on live sports, especially Zeus.

I really need to get my act together and spend sometime sorting the box out. Just haven't had the time lately.

12. hisss

hisss Member

Paulie57, it was the Paul Gascoinge film I was wanting to watch. A friend of mine said he watched it via Genesis.

Tried that film you suggested and nothing happened. Can't understand it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    paulie57 likes this.
  13. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hisss have searched genesis for the film , could not find it anywhere in genesis , but i have found it in robinhood project , as i was saying in earlier post i keep a few addons for each, if you have robinhood installed open and go to
    movies / blackdragon / new releases , have checked it out and the quality very good , if you cant find robinhood let me know , also have you checked out filmon tv for live tv ?
    cheers
    paulie57 ............................

14. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

gascoigne is in genesis 100 percent ive just checked, You have been a busy boy Paulie ha

15. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hi tongs been house bound for the last week crocked my ankle so plenty of time to try and help others. By the way a few new messages in kodi that I've tried out , installed s.a.l.t.s. in the tk Norris repo and works great , and turned on the autoplay in genesis , it auto searches for the best stream so , takes away the hassle of try to pick the best dream , can also do the same in salts .
    My other half has no sympathy says I'm getting to old for indoor footie lol .......
    Cheers
    Paulie57 ..........

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

yeah i know about auto play mate, been mad busy working, always bang the overtime in on the 6 week holidays, as much as i love my kids i couldnt do with them everyday ha, but yes genesis, movies >search movies> gascoigne. all working, cheers for the new links. strange game kodi, have to know your stuff for when things change, cant buy a box and expect it to be all singing and dancing and doesnt require tinkering

17. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

What a wally I am , it would be a little hard to find when I didn't spell the name properly for a start in search lol
    Cheers tongs ....
    Paulie57 ........

18. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Hisss maybe you had the same issue searching for the film in genesis as I did wrong spelling , tongs was paying more attention in school then me .........Cheers .........

tongs007 likes this.
  19. hisss

hisss Member

A main part of the problem I'm having with Genesis is the search function. If I click on search nothing happens, the page remains the same. Then if it does and I search for a film nothing happens. I searched for the one you suggested, spelt it right and again nothing happens.

I agree tongs, Kodi is a nightmare for those of us who haven't got a clue. Without forums like this and YouTube tutorials I'd have probably binned the box by now.

20. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

My offer still stands mate I don't mind setting it up for you