1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A NEWBIES GUIDE TO SETTING UP A DM500S FOR CARDSHARING

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by piopat, Apr 15, 2010.

1. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

piopat, sent you a PM with the details.

2. Pollitosalsa

Pollitosalsa Member

Once I get the box can you provide me support for the programming .!

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

on what basis do our members suddenly supply 'you' with all your needs. buy whatever box you wish but expect candid response

4. piopat

piopat Active member

well this is a dreambox thread so i assume you are getting a dreambox ,all tho that said a dreambox is enigma 1 or 2 and there are a few enigma 1 or 2 boxes . but much of what you do on a dreambox e1 or e2 is the same on other e1 or e2 boxes . when your box arrives tell us what box model you have example a dm500 or a dm800 etc ,and im sure we can help you or point you in the right direction .

5. naz07

naz07 Member

can anyone tell me whats the difference between ecms and emms entitlements is.

checking my cccam info page just wanted to check to see if my cards getting the entitlements through OK and also is the date the correct format in the entitlement tab dd/mm/yy and not mm/dd/yy

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Reflashing my DM500S appeared to be a success until it reached NABILO IMAGE CAMS. Error was indicated, no files showing. Presently all I have is the Free to Air Channels but cannot install a Clime. Can I restore Image Cam Files or should I.regretfully. scrap Box ? Any help would be much appreciated.

7. piopat

piopat Active member

try the newer nabilo image called nabilo maxvar v8 ,you can download it from link number 1 in my signature area which is near the bottom of all my posts . or you could manually install cccam using dream control center .

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. jonkil007

jonkil007 Member

Pat, that is SWEET....
    I have mine running using a mifi modem and a LAN/WIFI converter.
    Excellent, and thanks a million.

Jon

9. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Thank You for your speedy and comprensive reply. I tried to reflash but failed to get DreamUp to recognise the Maxbar V8 download file. Could You please throw some light as to why this is the case? Maybe it is my lack of Computer skills! With regard to Your second suggestion, re. Dream Control Centre, could You advise me on how to do this in easy stages? Your help is much appreiated.

10. chris9999

chris9999 Member

Are you sure that your Dreambox is connecting with Dreamup? Make sure your dreambox is turned off before you connect to Dreamup.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  11. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Yes it is connected and Dreamup found the box OK.When I press flash it opens a window with download files I can not get Maxbar V8 to appear in this window.I have no problem with Darkstar,could it have anything to do with type of Maxbar download ? I tried it about 8 times but no luck

12. piopat

piopat Active member

if you managed to flash with the older image using dreamup then theres no reason that dreamup wouldnt recognise/ flash the newer image ,with the exception of maybe that you didnt unzip /unrar the image file first or that you have downloaded the wrong image .so i suggest that you check the image has been unzipped /unrarred . after that if the problem persists we can discuss an other method using dcc .

13. croghta1

croghta1 Member

I downloaded the file from 4shared(from your link) I don't think it is zipped/rarred

14. piopat

piopat Active member

the file i uploaded is either zipped or rarred so if you you havent opened it you need to , that is really the only reason that dreamup wouldnt recognise the image file. because once an image file is unrarred /unzipped an image file name usually ends with .img or .nfi ,such as nabilo maxvar v8.img . if the image is not opened and ends with .zip etc well dreamup wont see it because its looking for .img or .nf1 files not .zip files . the only other thing would be that you donloaded the file to a different folder on your pc , i mean that you have the nabilo darkstar image in one folder and the maxvar v8 image in another . downloads automaticly go to the downloads folder unless you set another download location .

15. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Sorry for all the inconvience,the file I have is Nabilo-Vo8-MAXVAR img and it is in the same folder as darkstar file.It must be something I am doing wrong.

16. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

can anyone tell me if it is possible to connect remotely to a dbox using dcc or any other program to access the cam files? i have correct info needed as i can flash listings using dbedit, just nowhere to put forwarded port on dcc, or is there?
    thanks in advance

17. piopat

piopat Active member

croghta1 its a very strange problem ,i know many people that have used that image from my link with no problems at all . perhaps you should try and download the same image from another download source , the un zip/rar it and see if dream up sees it . or you could try downloading dreamup from another source and trying again just in case the dream up you have has a problem .

18. piopat

piopat Active member

ive never remotely accesed my box so i cant help you mate but fintann might be a good person to ask about it .

19. jondalor

jondalor Regular member

thanks piopat, hopefully fint may see the post and be able to set me straight, or anyone else for that matter.

20. croghta1

croghta1 Member

Took Your advice, downloaded file from a different source, unzipped it and flashed it into the Dream Box no problem. However, the original problem still exists e.g. When I clicked into the Nabilo Image Cams the following appeared "Error Sorry connection to server refused. Check your network settings.