1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a question of dvd rebuilder and burning dvd with nero

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by carguy696, Apr 18, 2005.

1. carguy696

carguy696 Guest

when i sucessfully backup a dvd using dvd rebuilder i burn the dvd with nero when the bruning starts it says file reallocation failed, saying that VTS_01_0.vob isnot referenced and should not be present. But i burn the dvd anyway and it still works fine. Is this supposed 2 happen??? whats wrong??? also is copy to dvd better than nero???

2. kingpins

kingpins Member

I have been having the same problem. I am using DVD Decrypter and trying to burn with Nero. The disks seem playable but I am wondering whats happening. This just started. Nothing has changed with my system except I updated Nero Burning ROM to the latest version 6.6.0.12 Anyone please help.

3. kingpins

kingpins Member

Just to clear up... when I say I am having the same problem it is with the message: "File VTS_01_0.VOB is not referenced and should not be present". I have burned similar disks and not had this problem. I would decrypt and burn. Now every DVD I burn gives me this issue. Thanks for your time and anticipated ideas

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I get this problem and jdobbs told me it is a Nero bug. I don't know what the real deal is with it, but I still get perfect backups every time. I even tried to fix the IFO files with IFOEdit, says it fixed a bunch of files but I still get the reallocation error. Oh well....

5. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

There are (as always happens) a few areas of the DVD Spec that may be up for interpretation. A couple examples may be unreferenced material and zero length files. You will find many original DVDs that have zero length files -- and DVD-RB goes out of its way to ensure the backup is as closely matched to the original as possible. When you burn those with Nero, however, it will give you a warning -- because it sees no sense in zero-length files. It's logical, of course, as it's hard to think of a good reason for a file that has nothing in it. But to ensure 100% compatibility it may be important that it is there...