1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A strange cable problem (your thoughts are most welcome)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by FunkeXMix, Aug 10, 2004.

1. FunkeXMix

FunkeXMix Guest

I have everything set up using the guides, and the cable gets a connection when i fire up the gamecube with the computer on. I can also ping myself 192.168.1.100.

But when i load up phoenix..waiting for connection
    then initilize a online game in PSO it gets to the funky psychadelics but at that point where they seem to be trying to communicate with eachother. My computer tells me there is no network cable. And PSO tells me it can't connect. Then after exiting that screen in PSO the PC finds the network cable again.

2. Hogmyster

Hogmyster Member

funkex, how do you have your network adapters set up?

do you have two NICs and ones connected to the internet, while the other is connected to your gamecube?

if you have it like i mentioned before, try disabling the connection to the internet, then press load, and wait for it to load.. if the same thing happens... i couldnt tell you how to fix it... if it works and the game streams, once it starts streaming you can reenable your internet connection :)

3. FunkeXMix

FunkeXMix Guest

You know what worked!? Not connecting the crossover card to the computer until 4 sound effects loops on the PSO psychedelic loading screen.
    Im just very lucky i got the idea to try that.

So it's working fine now :)

And a thanks to Hogmyster for trying to help.