1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Trivial, Basic question about DVDFab vs. RipIt4Me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ttocsm, May 13, 2007.

1. ttocsm

ttocsm Guest

Hello, I guess I would be considered a "newbie" because I have never posted anything here before, even though I have been reading posts on here for some time. I have been backing up my DVDs when I get new ones for about a year now, and have been a big fan of Ripit4me because it is so easy to use and have never had any problems, but now I'm trying to (being forced to) use some other programs.
    My question is about DVDFab,, I had DVDFab Decripter, then recentlly got the platinum version, now there is the HD version. Do I need to get the HD version? (I don't have a HD DVD player as of yet, or any HD DVDs) It said somewhere it was a simple version of the platinum version. What about the Region+CSS Free version??
    Are they trying to drive me crazy or just trying to get people to buy several different versions? Do I need more than one??
    I did try the regular version awile back when I was using ANYDVD but haven't used anything latelly except RI4M and now I'm trying to learn some different methods. With platinum installed do I need to keep the older version???
    I

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

From what I understand support and development for DVDFab Decrypter has been discontinued and the new standard will be DVDFab HD Decrypter...basically the same program but added HD support. BTW, is there a movie out that R4M can't handle now?

3. ttocsm

ttocsm Guest

I haven't found one yet, but the day is coming, just trying to prepare. So what your saying is I can ditch the DVDFab Decrypter, and the upgrade to platinum was a waist of time, I should go ahead and goto the DVDFab HD Decrypter.

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I would ditch DVDFab Decrypter and start using DVDFab HD Decrypter...I wouldn't bother with the platinum because DVD Shrink and Recode still do an excellent job and both can be had for free. All you are really paying for in the platinum version is an all-in-one solution.