1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

? about chimp

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by dust08, Aug 23, 2007.

1. dust08

dust08 Member

im gunna use chimp to upgrade to another hdd but im not certain the new hdd is clear it may already have files on it will it still work and just overwrite whatever is already on the hdd? if not how can i prepare the hdd?

2. farrantch

farrantch Member

im not sure if it would work or not, but it dosent hurt to take the safe route. you can hook your hard drive to your current working computer as a slave or secondary drive, then use xplorer, (program), to format it. after that just hook it up as you normally would and make sure u have xbox 1.1-1.5....1.6, u need to telnet. u should double check with chunkhead because he is pretty much god around here.

3. dust08

dust08 Member

ya i got a 1.4 version so no need for telnet but i was just hoping there was a way without opening my computer i bought a ide splitter so i would'nt have to open it lol if it did mess up the new hdd i could just reformat after right? so its not like its gunna mess up my xbox if it does'nt copy right to the new hdd right?