1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Absolute beginner with Starview _ help please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jennyp19, May 12, 2007.

1. jennyp19

jennyp19 Guest

We have a Starview Box, which we had running fine until yesterday. Then it decided to lose a lot of the radio channels. I then thought right put it back to factory default settings, channels have now come back scrambled, or with $sign + some normal terrestial channels (not channel 4 . I went on System info, and it says that it is
    APl 2.57e_E
    Boot version 7.0
    16 Aug 2006.
    Can someone help me IN very simple language - I am absolutely useless with technical jargon!!!! We did not get a disc or anything with the box. It is connected to an n*l cable. I have been trying to read some of the other threads, and saw that something called an EMU needed to be switched on????

2. GARYEDGE

GARYEDGE Regular member

jenny press menu on your remote parental contol then on your remote press info 2004 this will open a secret menu scroll to the botom and turn the key emu to on then just keep pressing exit till you get back to your pictures all your channels should now be back on.

3. jennyp19

jennyp19 Guest

Thanks for your reply

When I press the Menu button on the remote control, I get

Installation
    Channel edit
    User Setup
    Factory Setting
    System Information

At the moment I am stuck in a circle, in the menu, and can't exit, so tomorrow I am going to disamantle the thing and then put it back together as the only way I can exit the menu is by switching it off at the mains, and I don't want to disrupt the programme on TV I'm taping at the moment.

4. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

the reason why you did not get a disc is because , it has the latest firmware on the receiver

do the following to get the $ channels on

• Press menu (ignore what is on the screen) and press 1 5 7 0, this takes you to a secret menu,

• Go down to emu and turn it on.

then leave it on one of the channels with the $ sign, & it will update the receiver

then enjoy watching

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  5. jennyp19

jennyp19 Guest

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow.