1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC3 No Sound_Question Updated

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dabucks, Jun 21, 2007.

1. dabucks

dabucks Guest

Hi Guys, I did a quick search on this but did not see the exact thing I was looking for so I have decided to post.

I ripped a couple of movies with AC3 sound using Nero but there was no sound. I did some research and downloaded a set of codecs that seemed to help.

My question is if I burn the cds with Nero again should the sound work when I play it on my dvd player?

If you have any other suggestions or need more information let me know, I am really new to all this.

Thanks in advance!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Generally speaking, if you can play the burned DVD or VCD on your PC, then it should play on your standalone player.
    This assumes that the standalone player is capable of playing the type of disk that you burn.
    An example would , burning a DVD+R disk and trying to play it in a machine which wants DVD-R.

3. dabucks

dabucks Guest

Ok, I have done some more research and I am truly stumped. Adding the codecs allows me to play the file on my computer even using Nero Showtime, but when I burn the dvd there is still no sound. So I decided to compare what the difference between a good burn and one not working. Looking at the properties I noticed that the good copy had the audio steam as stream 1 and the one that didn't work has an audio stream of none. Does anyone have any clues or suggestions?

No Stream
    [​IMG]

Stream
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  4. dabucks

dabucks Guest

Still not sure why Nero won't work but VS0 ConvertxtoDVD worked. Still would like to get Nero to work if anyone has any ideas.