1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Encore non-compliant MPEG 2 files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by inuse, Apr 5, 2005.

1. inuse

inuse Member

Hi all,

I'm encoding xvid avis with CCE SP and then trying to import the files into Adobe Encore. When I run a test encode,say a few minutes of the file just to check the results,I am able to import the mini-files into Encore and they don't need to be re-transcoded but if I encode the whole avi and then try to import, Encore says the file needs to be re-transcoded. I'm using exactly the same settings as I do in the tests. The bit rate is well within legal limits (approx. 5.5mbps constant bit rate) and the file size is fine (including the audio), so I don't get it. By the way, I am able to import the resultant files into DVD Architect and the files are fully compliant. I know Encore will import files as I've used TMPGEnc Plus in the past resulting in perfectly compliant files. The only thing I can think of is that CCE SP is doing something at the end of the encode making the files non-compliant. If there's anybody who has had similar problems or maybe knows of a solution I'd really appreciate any feedback. The one setting I can think of is "Add Sequence End Code" in "Advanced Video Settings" which I keep checked as I'm led to believe this is a good thing.

Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Make sure your GOP for NTSC is 15 frames or less and 18 frames or less for Pal...Also check the "DVD Video Compliant" Box in the Advanced settings...

This actually seems like a Encore problem as Opposed to a CCE Problem as CCE SP is a Much Higher end program than encore and CCE has Been arround Much Longer than Encore has been....Encore is Probably just too picky like some DVD authoring Programs are...

Cheers

3. inuse

inuse Member

Thanks for the reply. I think you're right about it being Encore's problem, which is a shame really because I like the integration with the rest of Adobe's stuff. I'll have to use "The Architect" instead. I don't think there's been a problem with the GOPs but I'll double check just in case. Encore seems to want to import two parts of the m2v etc. for some reason. It imports a small part first, although no files appear and then continues with the main part. I've experienced this when I've imported files with audio in them. It imports a short bit first (the audio I presume) and then the long bit (the vid part). Well there's definately no audio in there so I'm stuck really. I do remember reading though, that if you choose no audio in Canopus it includes some "black frames" for the audio part in the resultant file. Invisible black frames perhaps. I don't know what that's all about. Maybe I read it wrong. I've tried encoding video and audio together with Nero and when I try to import the file into Encore, neither the video or audio are compliant but if I demux them first then both are compliant. I did try to demux the CCE file even though there's no audio in there but it didn't work of course. Maybe I should encode the video with any audio file and then demux to see if Encore will accept it then but I suppose that's a bit silly. Thanks for the suggestions anyway - In Use.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005