1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Premiere Pro Setup Problem (DirectX DLL)

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by cmalex79, Jan 7, 2004.

1. cmalex79

cmalex79 Member

Hello, all. I'm new to this forum, but I've been having a helluva time getting Premiere Pro to load on my system. Everytime I try to load it, it gets to the DirectX 9 (which I already have on my computer), the setup stalls and quits b/c "Setup failed to load a required DLL." Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know a way around it?

2. jfh108

jfh108 Member

Has anyone found a work-around?

I'm having the same problem and I'm now exhausted. Adobe support offers little help. I tried installing in safe mode - same result. Since DirectX 9 cannot be uninstalled, I'm not sure what else to try.

The previous version (6.5) had the same problem. The fix was to break the setup so that it could not start the external install. The new version (7.0) seems to rollback the entire setup if a sub-install is broken.

3. Robuchie

Robuchie Member

I am having the EXACT same problem, and I already have DirectX 9.0 on my computer. It is really frusterating, and I don't know what to do about it, so if anybody has any suggestions on how you can bypass this it would be greatly appreciated. Until then, I give up.

4. jfpolo

jfpolo Member

Be sure you have the folder directX in your installation program, doesn't matter if you have it in your machine or not, if you dont have it, download the tryout from adobe and copy it to your installation program, good luck.

5. ElMono

ElMono Member

Hi all, have been banging my head against the wall with this problem also (I'm new to the forum - found this thread via Google). jfpolo - not quite sure what you mean by having 'the folder directX in your installation program'. Could you post a little more detail?

6. bodger

bodger Member

You'll need to use the Direct-X version that came with the Adobe Premiere Pro 7 'Trial' version.

If you have a Temp folder containing Direct-X ver 9 that you downloaded from Microsoft, delete it, or rename the folder if you're not sure.

Download and unzip the 'Trial' version then copy that version of the Direct-X ver 9 to the Temp folder where the other one was.

Good Luck

7. ElMono

ElMono Member

Hi all - have tried that and yep, that's solved the problem. Thanks for the help bodger & jfpolo - most appreciated!

8. mrlehy

mrlehy Guest

anyone have the link where i can download that trial version of directx 9?

9. bodger

bodger Member

10. chsurfer

chsurfer Member

Why does the program remain as a 30 day tryout even after i've done all the steps above?

11. altipampa

altipampa Guest

hello gays I HAVE TROUBLES WITH ADOBE PREMIERE
    WHEN I IMPORT VIDEO CLIPS TO THE PROGRAM AND I ASK DISPLAY IN THE SOURCE MONITOR AND PRES PLAY NOTHING HAPPEN AND THE PROGRAM NO RESPONSE.

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP, WHAT´S GOING ON.

THANK YOU.

12. cmalex79

cmalex79 Member

Maybe if that question was written in English by a sane human being rather than a rabid badger, I'd be more likely to respond intelligently.

13. bodger

bodger Member

I hadn't realised this forum was just for loud-mouthed bigots. The question was perfectly understandable - I don't know the answer - but it was obvious what the question was.

It's clear that English is not altipampa's first language so cut him some slack you moron.

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

As opposed to your last post, cmalex?

This is an international forum so I'd suggest either losing your condescending attitude or keeping your pie-hole shut.

15. cmalex79

cmalex79 Member

Loud mouth bigot? Moron? Wow. At least I wasn't so personal and degrading in my comments. You guys must be the "tolerant" types I hear so much about in the news.

16. Leane

Leane Member

Where can I donwload "Adobe Premiere Pro 7 'Trial' version". I'm busy editing a project in ver 6.5 but have a huge sound problem which apparently can be fixed by using the "normalization" option in version 7.

17. bodger

bodger Member

18. djscoop

djscoop Active member

Leane-
    don't know how big of a sound problem you have, but Premiere in general (6.x and pro) don't have extensive audio editing/fixing tools. I'm an audio engineer, and for simple normalization fixing try Adobe Audition or SOnic Foundry's Sound Forge. I use Pro Tools LE, but unless you have $500 to spend, try the trial version first.

19. Leane

Leane Member

Thx guys.