1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After compression......

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Synthetix, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Synthetix

Synthetix Regular member

After compressing and backing up a 7gig movie to a 4.6gig disk, is there anyway to cut down time if you want to back it up again from the back up? I mean, I know it will take less to do it being almost 1/2 the file size of the original, but do I have to repeat the steps all over from decrypter/shrink? Or could I just copy from disk to disk? If I can do that, can I do that in decrypter? Or do I need another program like nero? How bout the SONIC Record Now software that came with my DVD burner? Of course, this is if I have deleted the iso file. Thanx

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

You will need a burning program that could burn on the fly. DVD Shrink is not a burning program and Decrypter can only burn an ISO. I personally use Nero as my primary burning rom. Nero can do what you are asking.

If you use ISO read and ISO write to make a backup of a backup, it will only take 10 min more than it would to do it on the fly.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2005