1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

after converting file too big to burn

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by evil, Jan 9, 2004.

1. evil

evil Member

I have an AVI file which was 700 mb, i burnt it onto a 800 mb disc. When i played the disc back the picture was upside down. After looking at the afterdawnforum i found a solution to this problem which suggested converting the AVI file on the TMPGEnc to MPEG-1 or whatever it is. However, when this is done, surely the file will be way too big to fit on a 800 mb VCD! any suggestions for getting rid of the upside down picture but still burn onto an 800 mb TDK CD-R. My operating system is windows XP and the burner is NERO 5. cheers

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Most all Movies will have to go on 2 CD-R"s ,So just encode your File to VCD with Tmpgenc and then when you have the Finnished Mpeg file you can cut it in Half useing Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" which can be found if you go to "File" to "Mpeg tools" to "Merge & Cut" and here you can cut you file in Half.....

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

VCDs are not really size dependent (i.e., megabytes) but rather time dependent because they have a preset birate and such. If the movie is in excess of ~70 minutes, it will require at least 2 cds.

4. jayz

jayz Member