1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AFTER XBOX LOGO SCREEN GOES BLANK,CANT GET TO EVOX DASH

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by eekamouse, Dec 15, 2004.

1. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

I have a new xbox version 1.6 with a samsung drive that has been modified and has the evolutionx dashboard. I was messing with the settings one day and i think i might of changed a couple of settings in the misc area that might of affected things and prevented it from booting up correctly.In the "misc" section under settings i changed "auto launch dvd to yes" and jump to ms dash to yes. After i checked save and exit it said changes will effect on next startup. When i rebooted i notice that it starts seemingly normal at first with the xbox logo with sound and steady green light and then after that the screen goes blank besides the top third of the screen thats has scattered mixture of color pixels. Disk drive seems fine and works. This is driving me crazy tring to figure this out. i just would really like to know how i can change things back, or remedy this to get it to boot back up to the evolutionx dash.... What would cause this thing to go tits up! Much appreciated.

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Boot from the AutoInstaller CD, you can restore your HDD's setting back to original.

3. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE "SLAYER'S EVOX AUTOINSTALLER. HOW I CAN I GET THE AUTOINSTALLER. IVE BEEN TRYING TO LOOK FOR AS MANY RESOURCES ONLINE AND HAVENT HAD MUCH OF LUCK. IVE DOWNLOADED ABC BITTORENT BUT AM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH IT. SO FAR I TRIED TO MAKE A COPY OF EVOX ALSO ADDING A 300MB FILE TO IT AND BURN AS ISO AND CHANGED THE evoxdash.xbe FILE TO DEFAULT.XBE AND EVOX CONFIG SETTINGS FILE TO EVOX.INI. SAME THING STILL OCCURS WITH THE BLANK SCREEN ISSUE AFTER THE XBOX LOGO AND NOT GETTING TO THE DASHBOARD. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN GET A HOLD OF THIS AUTOINSTALLER AS A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. THANKS A LOT!

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

tone er' down with the caps!

5. eekamouse

eekamouse Member

Ive been trying to create iso boot disks of enigmahx and slayers to try to get to something and either i am burning the file incorrectly in the process or i dont know but i have read many forums on it and tried for 2 weeks. I used qwix 101 to create the xiso's and nero 5 to burn the xiso to cdrw. I tried a sony and HP disk if that matters any? If you or anyone out there has any info or advice on how this can be fixed or sent to someone who can id really appreciate it! Im in the seattle washington area. This is a new xbox. It was manufactured on 8-16-2004 so i think that it is a V1.6 and it has a samsung drive w/evolutionx dashboard or at least did. lol ahh I just want this damn thing fixed before i sledgehammer it for causing me all the headache and grief!