1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aladin chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by raindust, Aug 27, 2004.

1. raindust

raindust Member

I baught an "aladin plus" mod chip for my xbox and payed someone 50.00 to install it. The light turnes a different color and instead of the green xbox logo on the screen the xbox logo is blue. If u turn the system off again and turn back on without holding down the button the xbox boots up normaly. Other than that the xbox does not do anything special at all. From what i understand the chip is working but i need to do something else. This is my first xbox and i need help.

2. afex

afex Member

...does it play backups?

3. raindust

raindust Member

No i dont think it plays backups. I try to download burned cds and it wont let me even if the system boots up with the blue xbox logo. What do i do? I know nothing about this stuff. I thaught that after the chip was installe it would do everything that i thaught it would do.

4. afex

afex Member

what else do you want it to do?
    secondly, xbox games are typically DVD's and not CD's, so i'd check and make sure you're downloading/burning the right thing

5. raindust

raindust Member

My xbox system does not do anything extra since i got the chip installed. The only thing different it does is boots up in the blue xbox mode with the power button staying another color. Other than that it does not do anything special. Even when the chip is on it still wont let me download burned music cds. What im saying is that there is no difference from when i did not have the chip installed. Please help

6. afex

afex Member

i dont know what else you want it to do right now, if you want a different dashboard installed you're going to have to install it yourself. It should as of now play backups of xbox games, and also boot any homebrew xbox code. until you have a dashboard that will allow you to FTP into your xbox (Avalaunch, Evo-x, etc) you are going to have to boot from CD's (or DVD's).

7. raindust

raindust Member

Whats a dashboard?Whats FTP mean? Does it mean file transfer protocol? I took a beguinning computer class about two years ago. All i need is someone to tell me how to get into "bios" i think. The guy that installed my chip said something like that. I really dont know that much about getting into any part of the xbox system at all.As far as i know, the chip is working. Other wise the xbox logo apaun boot up would not turn blue. This is my first system and i would like for it to do everything that i thaught that it would do with the aladin chip that i baught. {Please help.

8. afex

afex Member

you may need to flash your bios, aladdin plus is one of the few xbox chips i dont have experience with, so i'm not entirely sure - but the person you paid to install it will be able to tell you what bios was on it when he shipped it to you.

9. raindust

raindust Member

The company that sold me the aladin plus xbox chip was console 24.com. I didnt want to riks screwing up my new xbox so i found some small private shop run by some guy. He charged mr 50.00 dollard to install it. He said that he thinks the reason that you can boot the xbox up in two different modes is so you can play games online without being detected. Thats great but i want to be able to do everything i planned on duing when i baught the chip. The guy that installed the chip said that he did not know either but i can find out on line. So now thats what im duing. I dont know how to flash bios. The xbox boots up fine in two different modes. Blue x mode and the green mode. Please Tell me how.

10. afex

afex Member

yes, your chip has two modes, as follows:
    Green bootup - this is a regular boot, as if you had an unmodded xbox, and yes this is so you can play your originals on xbox live.
    Blue bootup - this is your chip's bios taking over, so you can run any code (programs) that you want.

as for the flashing procedure, i don't know anything about aladdin's - look at www.xbox-scene.com for more info.

And you never stated if you could play backups of Xbox games on it..

11. raindust

raindust Member

My system doesnt do any thing different even if it boots up in the "blue xbox logo mode". So i guess that it doesnt play backups.Please help.

12. afex

afex Member

you need to find out if your bios was flashed or not by the person you bought it from. if it was, then the chip isn't working correctly or you are burning your backups wrong. if it wasn't, then you need to find out the flashing procedure for an aladdin.

13. raindust

raindust Member

Yea i think that im supposed to flash something. Can you tell me how? I looked at the web site that you gave me and it was really hard to even find out what path to take due to so many links. Please help me.
    Thanks

14. afex

afex Member

well if its not flashed, when you boot it up it should have some sort of FLASHbios on it that boots up and asks for a bios disk for flashing. if it doesnt do that, then it should already be able to play unsigned code (backups). if it doesn't do either of those, i have no idea what you should do next. again, i'm not too familiar w/ aladdin's - you're going to have to talk to the guy you paid

15. raindust

raindust Member

I does neither. I guess i will ask the guy again. Do i have to have a chip installed for my system to ask me for bios on bootup? Or will normal systems just do that automatically with out the chip. I cant remember? My xbox wont ever download my burned music CDS. Susks huh?

16. afex

afex Member

download your music cds? i really dont know what you mean by that - if you have a chip you can obtain apps like xbox media center, and play music through that...you're definitely going to have to read around on xbox-scene.com to understand how to setup your chip, and what different things a modded box can do

17. smiley941

smiley941 Guest

The Aladin plus already comes pre loaded with the latest bios. If you are getting the blue X then it is installed correctly. What you are going to need to do is download Slayers Autoinstall CD. Either 2.5 or 2.6. Version 2.6 was just released in September and includes XBMC. Just do a search through google and include "torrent". That will get you a list of sites and people sharing this software out. Burn it to a CDRW and you should be able to boot the Xbox with it... there are some instructions with it that are pretty straight forward...