1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All-in-One Ripper/Burner for windows 7 Ultimate 64

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SjRick, Jul 30, 2011.

1. SjRick

SjRick Member

Ive looked around and cant seem to find anything close to replace my DVD Shrink. I loved that program because it was so easy to use. Like making toast. Anyways I just built a brand new Windows 7 Ultimate 64 SSD pc and cannot get DVD Shrink to work on it. I may have to try something new. Since DVD shrink is all i know and its free, i want to try something exactly like it. I used Nero 6 with it to burn. Does anyone have a free ripper burner program they love as much as DVD Shrink ?

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Not sure if I can give actual help for your Win 7 issues.

I use XP and tried 7 for a game that would only work under 7. The game blew. Got rid of the game. Different software packages that I prefer did not work under 7. Had my system set to dual boot for XP or 7, but removed 7 because it annoyed me.

Sticking with XP till the wheels fall off.

3. SjRick

SjRick Member

Yeah I hear you. I got tired of having 2 Seagate drives in 2 consecutive years die on me. So i decided to switch it up and build a brand new Intel SSD Windows 7 Ultimate pc. Now there are so many issues with 7. Life was so simple with XP but loading a new ssd drive is a nightmare to configure with the OS.

So here i site trying to find new software that works just as easy as my old software. The one i miss the most is dvd shrink. Thats why im asking everyone for some advice to see what they like best. But this board doesnt seem to have the interest it once had.

4. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I had used Partition Magic to setup my system when I had that dual boot config. Guess you could try that to see if you like it.

Worked like this: Installed PM. Set a new partition and installing the second OS there was ever so simple. Then when I turned on the machine it asked me which OS to boot up; XP or Win 7.

Found I was not using 7 after deleting the game I mentioned. Went back (call it "upgraded" IMO) to XP and do not regret it. Still use PM though to setup separate partitions for my games/storage and downloads. It is a useful program. It helped me to format a new Seagate (second internal HD) when the supplied Seagate disc would NOT recognize its own new Seagate drive. Go figure.

5. SjRick

SjRick Member

Yeah i really dont want to partition because my main ssd drive is only 120 gb. I am actually debating whether or not to just forget the ssd experiment and just go back to xp. I hear so many good things about Windows 7 but i really hate it. I cant even get xp mode to work. I follow directions to the letter but it just doesnt want to play nice.

When this pc works, its by far the fastest pc ive ever seen. 3.4 sandy bridge with an Asus P8Z68-V board. I will miss it. Everything is on board, audio and video. Although i cant get it to the correct resolution for me. Everything is super small. Ive tried making it larger but it just gets oversized. There's no in-between

Anyways it doesnt appear there are too many people left in here that can offer help, Thanks for your replies rulisky.

6. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Welcome.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You sure shrink doesn't work,shrink hasn't been updated in years,use dvdfab to rip,it also has it's own burning engine however once protections are gone retry with shrink as it does work in win 7 64bit the problem is most likely it's unable to get past the protections because of it's non update,dvd shrink is now part of the nero suite called nero recode that's where the fella went who originally made it

edit:when posting a new topic,the title & location are everything,you've posted a topic in the hardware section when it's a software issue with a title that's like a spam advert is it any wonder there's been no bites..lol..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  8. SjRick

SjRick Member

Wow i had no idea i did that. Thanks scorpNZ. I will repost over in software. Nice job on the info regarding the dvd shrink creator. I never wouldve known that. No wonder it never got updated. I will give dvdfab a shot.

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

just use the report button say needs moving to correct section

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

11. SjRick

SjRick Member

I ried dvdfab but it doesnt seem to burn, it just ripped and then i had to locate the file and use Nero to burn it. Am i missing something ?

12. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Best read instruction manual & familiarize settings

13. adam0718

adam0718 Guest