1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD 2600+ XP detected as 2000+

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by iamsam43, Mar 2, 2007.

1. iamsam43

iamsam43 Member

Hi,
    I just got a new motherboard and reinstalled Windows XP Professional SP2. My CPU is an AMD 2600+ XP but is being detected as a 2000+ XP and running at 1.67 GHz.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your help in advance! :D

2. raffs

raffs Regular member

Hi, I had a similar problem like this before, had to contact AMD , no bloody help, LONG story short I had installed a program to make the fans run quieter. This caused the misread. If you have anything like cool n quiet or what ever it is called try uninstalling it. Adh Mor (good luck).

3. ku4hx

ku4hx Guest

Check you mobo documentation. On some you have to get into CMOS setup and select "failsafe" parameters then setup with optimum parameters for it to see the chip correctly. There may also be a jumper or switch you need to reset.

4. iamsam43

iamsam43 Member

I don't have anything like that. The problem occurred after reinstalling Windows.

I will check and try that stuff out then report back.

5. iamsam43

iamsam43 Member

I set "failsafe" parameters and then "optimal parameters" and now it's being detected as a 2600+! :D Thanks for you help guys! Cheers! :D

6. ku4hx

ku4hx Guest

My pleasure to be helpful.