1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android TV Box

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by bobeey3k, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Dopey000

Dopey000 Newbie

I've recently just purchased one of these evo xfinity a but it's Running xbmc frodo! Is there anyway of deleting it and installing the new 13.0 Gotham? I've tried deleting xbmc but I don't have a delete option for it. Already have Gotham .apk files downloaded to be installed but it won't let me because I can't get rid of frodo! Any help on this would be fantastic.

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Normally you need to access the settings via android, not sure what the menus are on this box or what they look like, but normally go to your android settings menu and then to your installed apps, there you will see the apps loaded on this box, google, games and XBMC 12.2 you should be able to highlight and delete it from there, once deleted you need to load your version on, this is done via the file manager, again I aint familiar with that box, but load the APK onto a usb, stick on to the box, go to file manager in your main settings and you should be able to see the USB there with the files loaded and also your APK file, select that and it should install,

Lastly why are you using Gotham 13? thats old, gotham 13.2 is the latest and what I use, works fine for me on my box

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

AH MICK, check yer inbox

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

That's nice. You got one fint?

6. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hi guys just read up on some of the threads, got one of the android boxes a few months ago mx dualcore 4.1 jellybean
    came preloaded with the apps xdmc etc, im try to get sports channels slysports 1 etc for the footie i have tried the app sportsdevil but the picture quality is crap if anyone has other sources would be mighty gratefull for any help
    ps guys im a bit of a novice., not next or near yer level of tech so go easy
    cheers
    paulie57

7. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

live streams are always unpredictable, thousands of people all hitting a stream for a big match clogs the stream up resulting in what you see, i am not a footie fan, more a beer fan, I have been told that Navix streams are a lot better than sportsdevil, so programmes>navix>navix extreme portal> most viewed 7 days, you will see a big list of stuff some will be sports, just clicked on one by halow tv and skysports its looking very good ATM, its always hit and miss with live streams, as i say not a footie fan but thats generally where you find alot of sports, maybe someone else knows the daddy of streams

8. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

cheers for the info tongs i give navix a go, im not to good with the tech side of things but i have to say yourself and the other guys are fab at the tech stuff and always willing to help the novices i do have one more thing to ask
    jellybean 4.1 is printed on box i have is that the type of firmware loaded on the box and if so is that firmware up to date and if not is their a way to update to latest firmware sorry for being a pain but im still in the dark ages here ?

9. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

depends if any firmware updates are available for your box mate, and as the old saying goes "if it ain't broke dont fix it"

10. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Still happy with my vu duo. Just happened to get email from world-of-satellite promoting this box. One of these days I must look at these android gizmos but have more than enough TV stuff at the moment☺

11. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

I could get all my tv viewing off my box but unfortunately the kids and Mrs can't it has to be live and picture perfect. God forbid if she a status about one of the soaps on Facebook and she was 5 seconds behind. Ha ha crazy creatures

12. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Tongs, there are gender issue forums out there for very valid reasons. Suggest you join one☺

tongs007 likes this.
  13. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

nice one tongs good advice will leave well alone
    cheers ......

14. GAVINT

GAVINT Member

dont understand why u want to change from frodo to gotham

15. GAVINT

GAVINT Member

anyone know how to put showbox on the evo xfinity box

16. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

frodo old, gotham new
    anyone know how to put showbox on the evo xfinity box
    would imagine you have that as an apk file? i do not have that box but should be basically the same, this doesn't work through xbmc! so settings>applications> unknown sources and check that box so you have a green tick (its self explanatory what that does). Exit back to main screen go to appinstaller point it in the direction of where your apk is , ie SD card, USB and away you go, then it will install and be on your android desktop

17. GAVINT

GAVINT Member

Got it loaded onto the box but when iopen it thefes not library

18. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

do not use that so cant help, sounds like its been blocked, may need to find a proxy

19. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

hi guys just to answer gavint back , i was not sure which firmware frodo/gellybean/gotham etc, or which one was better than the other , but i take tongs advice if its working leave well alone,
    also checked out the tech advice tongs gave me for better sports channels sly sports 1 etc good streams if anyone interested in checking it out navix/portal/mostviewed 7 days /schroll down to tv /new today
    anyone else with more input films and so on be more than grateful, need all the help i can get trust me
    cheers ......

20. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

jellybean is the fw on your actual box its android firmware
    gotham/frodo are different versions on xbmc
    gotham is newer but i couldnt get away with it to many incompatible issues so reverted back to frodo
    Loads of films on navi x, mash up is also a good one, Genesis, 1channel but would need the proxy for that if in UK which i have, Muchmovies HD theres a good few for films
    Also istream using 3rd party playlists :)