1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any free software to edit out commercials?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by tuffstuff, Jun 13, 2004.

1. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Guest

hi peeps ,
    i just recorded "The Others" from the tv to my pc. ok i have a winfast tv card and it came with ulead video software . is there a free software that you can edit the captured movie? i.e. the commercials the start etc. if so plz share. the ulead keeps crashing and does not look so user friendly lol
    thanks

2. RaWHacK

RaWHacK Guest

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you are captureing to AVI then Virtual-Dub is good for editing AVI files but if you captured to Mpeg2 then i do not know of any good Freeware Mpeg2 editors accept the one in Tmpgenc which isn"t very reliable and can cause Sync Problems....
    There is also a Wierd Bug in the WinFast PVR Capture Software that Makes the Files go out of Sync after editing so just beware.....

4. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Guest

are you saying i should have my winfast card set to uncompressed avi? instead of the way i do now, mpeg2 opt quality?

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

You don"t have to go Uncompressed because Uncompressed will suck up about 1.2gb per Minute of Video, you can get the same Quality as Uncompressed AVI useing the HuffYUV Lossless Codec....You can still capture to Mpeg2 Just beware that if your file goes out of Sync after editing that it is the capture Softwares Fault ,This doesn"t mean it will go out of Sync but it could, you will just have to wait and see....