1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by t3nchi, Apr 18, 2005.

1. t3nchi

t3nchi Member

Hey everyone Im new and a total moron with this stuff and Im having a bit of a delema. I have a whole bunch of .avi files on my computer and I usualy back them all up to CD-R so I can watch them later. Well I recently bought a DVD-R burner and now I wanna burn all the .avi files to a DVD so I can watch it on my TV insted of on my computer.

So heres what I want to do. I want to take a whole bunch of the video files and put them onto a DVD. I need something that can cram as much .avi files on the DVD and still have decent quality on my TV. So in the end I just want my .avi files on a DVD so I can just pop it in and watch.

An interphase/menu would be nice to have but if that becomes a whole extra issue then I dont want to go through it. My HDD is filling up and I just want to watch my videos on a DVD. Its been driving me nuts :( cause apparently DVD's get a little more technical than CD-R's. Lemme know all the applications I need and where to get them and what not.

Anyone who could help would be much appreciated. Do me a favor though and make all the tips dummy proof because Im totally lost in this stuff.

Much thanks.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

3. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

If you will look at the third tab above "Guides" - you will find the answer to almost any audio/video related issue you can imagine (except how to get the song "Tainted Love" out of your head once it gets stuck there).

You are going to need some software and lots of options exist, some free and some not.

The software recommended by CarMike seems extremely popular here (which is a good sign always).

Start out reading some of the newbie primers so the terminology makes sense if you get confused or stuck, usually a quick google search will reveal lots of info too.

Unfortunately there is no way anyone can explain what you need to know in a few sentences.

What software did you use before to make the vcds you were watching before?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I can make this really easy for you :)

See the link in my signature? Click on that and go to the guide that says [bold]Convert AVI to DVD[/bold]

Good Luck and welcome to AD :)