1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any way to connect Seagate Backup Plus to Galaxy Note 8.0

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by varxtis, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varxtis

varxtis Member

Recently I took advantage of a deal for a Seagate 4TB Backup Plus portable hard drive. I mainly got it because it says it was "Compatible with Android OS". If a device claims to be compatible with an OS like Windows, to me that means its able to connect to and communicate with the device housing that OS. So, if it's compatible with Android OS, then it should connect to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0... But when they say "Compatible" apparently they mean "Able to communicate with Android Vicariously through Windows." In order for the Hard drive to communicate on any level with an android device, you must first connect it to a windows or Mac, install necessary software, install necessary app on your android device (if it even can be installed on your specific device) and then, and only then, will they communicate.

K, Getting to the point, my question.
    Does anyone know any way to connect this Hard drive (Seagate 4TB Backup Plus STDR4000100) to an android device?
    I purchased a "Micro-USB OTG to USB" cable adapter to connect a USB logitech game pad to my galaxy note and it worked perfect, as if it was plugged into a normal USB port. The Galaxy note even recognizes thumb drives perfectly well when using this adapter. But it won't recognize the Seagate 4TB Backup Plus hard drive. I have Paragon Partition Manager if I need to do any extensive changes to the hard drive for the android device to recognize it. I've already formatted it into the NTSF file system, but still won't recognize it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.