1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody else have an NEC ND-1000A?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Neoteric, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Neoteric

Neoteric Member

If so did it come with drivers? Mine seems to have none and I can't find any to download.

Windows does recognize a DVD/CD-RW but will not recognize blank DVDs. Should windows be seeing a DVD-RW/CD-RW?

2. marcelb

marcelb Member

Hi there,

I've got the same drive as you. I'm using XP and it found the drive ok. used Nero 5 to test it out and it burned 4.5 gb of data in 24mins without any bother. Thing is, I was using a DVD+RW disk and it doesn't seem to be compatible with my DVD-ROM drive. Gonna try using a DVD+R to see if that works.

Let me know if you're still having problems. I may have a few ideas.

3. phil2003

phil2003 Member

I too have a nec nd1000a and mine came with no driver so if ya find one could i please download a copy off you?

4. a1defiant

a1defiant Member

Anyone got this problem sorted yet as I've just come against the same problem?

5. John_Galt

John_Galt Guest

The Verbatim VBTDVR1A "Producer" is the same drive, even marked as an NEC ND-1000A:

http://www.v-pgi.com/hardwaredvd+rw.html

You can download firmware from the Verbatim site, but no drivers. Sorry.

You might be able to use the drivers and other software that are on the cd-rom included with one of the Verbatim drives.

John_Galt

6. a1defiant

a1defiant Member

Cheers John, I'll give it a try! But as I've only had this drive for a couple of days I could still return it and look for one that is easier (i.e. drivers that can be found and downloaded) to install!