1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AnyDVD issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by monument, Mar 31, 2005.

1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

monument,

DVD43 aka AnyDvd will work just fine with 1Click DVD Copy. Here's what you should do - if it's a new release with the new protection. Then put in original dvd into your dvd rom drive, let it play 30-60 secs. Launch DVD43, this takes about 30-50 secs to detect the protection code, if dvd43 shows a smiley green face then you'll set to go. Now launch 1Click Dvd Copy and Start. If DVD43 still shows a red devil face then reboot your comp and restart and follow the above instruction. I'm pretty sure it's all good from here.

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

anydvd works pretty good for me.ive only had to close it one time.it said the dvd was mastered wrong.closed the app and opened decrypter and everything went well.i like to use anydvd with x copy.they work pretty good together on my pc id say 95% of the time.

3. gamename

gamename Regular member

let me add this, i had problems when i tried to run anydvd and dvd43,my drive wouldnt recognize blank media. if you have both installed u might want to delete one of them.

4. monument

monument Member

Creaky and all. I am not "dis-ing" AnyDvd. All I know is that it is not working...Period...
    I took the movie The Lat of the Mohicans, the patriot, and signs why AnyDvd was enabled and none of them would finish. I use shrink or decrypter and there was either a read error or a scratched error message with perfect, or near perfect condition media. When I disable AnyDvd (which I should not have to), everything is fine and dandy, sweet as candy. I like the concept of AnyDVD but so far it hasn't done me well at all.
    Cheers...

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I would say it isn't AnyDVD giving you the probems as it is working perfectly fine for many others. The problem probably lies in some other software loaded on your system that is conflickting with it. It wouldn't work great for others (including me) and then not for you unless you have another issue or proggy others don't have loaded.

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

@creaky,
    Thanks for the info re AnyDVD and DVD Decrypter.

I think a large number of problems arise from people that do not understanding their software. The only reason to use DVD Decrypter behind AnyDVD is to burn to disc after shrinking.

As far as decrypting the original disc one should use one or the other but not both.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

cheers bilbo65, i was just forwarding on what wild77 had found.. i'm just into tools for the job. If i had purchased anydvd and found it was conflicting/or something was conflicting with it, i'd know what to do to sort it, but there are loads of ppl who don't know how to do that sort of thing. That's why i'd rather noobs stick to the free tools 'til they're confident, then buy stuff later. (says me who prefers the free tools and probably always will lmao)

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I use DVD Decrypter all the time to burn and rip with AnyDVD always running in the background. I have yet to experience a problem.

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I rip all my movies with dvd decryptor and anydvd running in the background prior to encoding with RB/CCE and am yet to experience any problems.

10. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Some people have conflicts and some of us don't. Be happy that we're in the latter group....:)

11. monument

monument Member

Yes, I understand how DVD43 and AnyDVD are similar as both of them fail while working with shring/decrypter, etc. There is definately a conflict with ANydvd and dvd43 with other programs. I have not tried intervideo and Anydvd together as of yet..Thanks for the feedback w/o the flames folks! :)

12. monument

monument Member

Well. I may have solved the problem. I deleted Shrink, decrypter and installed Intervideo2 (Gold). It appears to run well with AnyDvd. It is a very slow program, but it does not completely bog down the rest of the computer like Decrypter and Shrink did. Thanks....

13. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

CloneDVD2 works very well and fast with AnyDVD you may want to give that a try..

14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Monument,

Try Intervideo DVDCopy3 that I gave you the link to in my first post. It is much faster and IMO is second to only RB/CCE.

15. williej

williej Regular member

I downloaded a copy when I tried to dupe Resident Evil Apocalypse and have sworn by it ever since. Every movie, including Elektra, was duped without difficulty. Sometimes, it locks up, but most of the time, I have never had a prob out of it. Got a hacked copy of the Pro one. Sweet proggie.

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

so???????? ANYDVD has a pro version?

so could someone tell me what the difference is between the 2?

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

hmmm. I think i saw the term (*cough cough* hacked copy)

:)

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

19. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Sorry, but anydvd does not work for everybody. So what. If it works for you great, if not oh well use something else.

20. williej

williej Regular member

LOL ... I guess it's not the trial version, but it works like a charm. My bad on calling pro ...