1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else got into the Tabula Rasa beta?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by OmriSama, Oct 16, 2007.

1. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

This morning IGN praticly gave free beta keys for the TR beta. Or maybe i got them just cause im an insider...

Anyway, i got the keys, the account, and everything. I am currently installing the beta. 2GB is damn alot for an online game o_O still, im used to maple story :p (which took up like 700 MB when i quit it)
    And i have to remember that Tabula Rasa supports DX10, or was it EVE online?

I'm confused @_@

Anyway, discuss.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

3. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

So you hate Tabula Rasa, MMOs, think they're a waste of time, and you think that online MMOs and Online shooters don't blend?

4. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

It's true I don't really care for MMORPG. Some MMO's I like but games like World of Warcraft and Tabula Rasa are exactly alike in that they are a money suck. You pay $15 bucks a pop a month for WoW and what do you get? A game that never ends and not in a good way. You install the game, there is no set story with a ending in site, and you end up doing the same thing over and over. Ex) In WoW you go and "Kill 10 Elder Nightsaber and bring them back to me". You do and you get this message "Congradulations you saved such and such/protected the city/etc. BUT now I need you to go kill 15 Elder Timberling". Why? Theres no point to it. It doesn't advance you in a story, it doesn't add to the game. MMORPG piss me off. And no I do believe that there will eventually be a MMO game that revolves around a first person shooter gameplay. But in all honesty, Tabula Rasa isn't it.

5. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Well, that's what i kinda thought. I think MMOs should be free. I only joined the Tabula Rasa beta because on IGN, they said i could get free access to it, so i said to myself: ''Oh what the heck? If i try it this could be fun''. I'm only playing the beta. When the beta ends (like this friday) i'll stop playing it. But i just got the beta cuz it's free. And it is kinda fun, and not addicting.

6. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Exactly my thoughts! I don't feel as if I should have to pay for that content. And like I pointed out I don't hate all MMORPG. Just most of them. I for one own and occasionally play Guild Wars, you get the MMORPG experience for a monthly fee of $0 dollars. Theres no commitment I can come and play when I want for as long as I want without incurring charges.

7. chbalice

chbalice Guest

it's a real-time rpg that is currently in beta stage. that means if you like trying new games, it's free right now, and you should give it a try.
    removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008