1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone have the Lite-On LVW-5005 dvd recorder and do you like it?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by jbarth, Dec 1, 2004.

1. jbarth

jbarth Member

I am looking at this model and would like options...thanks

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... I've had one for several months now and I like it .. It does have a few drawbacks such as a tuner that is mono (but I don't use it anyway, and didn't even realize it until someone posted about it and I checked) .. The remote buttons are small, but I'm getting used to them ... All in all, for the price .. a great unit ... Here's a link to the 'offical' forum, you can see lots of opinions ...

http://forum.liteonit.com.tw/

... If you search, you can find the LVW-5005 for less than $200 now ... I paid $241 including shipping from CompuAdds, I ordered it on a Sunday afternoon and received it Wednesday around noon ... awesome service! ...

3. piano632

piano632 Regular member

Yes, it's true that the LiteOn doesn't record stereo audio thru the tuner (it will record stereo if you use the A/V inputs however).

My recommendation is for the JVC DR-M10 (or DR-MH30 if you want a hard drive). Probably has the best picture quality out there short of HDTV. LiteOn has good picture too, but not as good as JVC.

4. gadbearr

gadbearr Member

I loved my LVW-5005 until this morning. Ha!! When I awoke the word HELLO was on the display and now I can't get any of the buttons to work on the remote or front panel. I am going to cut power to the until tonight and see if it will reset. I will let you know.