1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archos new user

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by taffy112, Dec 3, 2004.

1. taffy112

taffy112 Member

Hi people, searched a few forums and it looks like you lot actually know what your talking about, compared to some others!

Just got a Archos AV480 80GB (well it's in the post) and before my mate (who's "ok" with with this type of stuff) crashes it by trying to upload it with anything possible,just wondering if you could help a guy out with some beginers tips!

software to best rip dvds & audio to their lowest size, do's & dont's e.t.c.

Lots of hits on net about defaults on the archos, Fact or Fiction??

Cheers Again

2. kkirschn

kkirschn Member

I too have just ordered an Archos480 and if you read all of the reviews at the various web sites it sounds like there may be a problem (from some people) about the 80GB hard drive in this unit.
    I should be getting it tommorrow and plan on trying to download some large files to the hard drive for the first week or so just to make sure it can read and write OK.
    There are some comments about the hard drive breaking because the battery gets weak.

Has anyone heard of or experienced these problmes and is there anything that should (or should not be done to properly manage the drive itself?

I certainly hope the unit I get is OK but this seems to be the best site out there for expertese and I wondered what others experience was.

(new user)