1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.Art files not recognized

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by kyle_101, Mar 24, 2005.

1. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

When tring to download from dvd cover sites the most of the covers seem to be in .Art format and most programs wont recognize that format so i cant open them to print. Anyone know where i can find a program that can open .Art format or good sites to get dvd covers from that are in jpeg format.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

.ART files are the stupid graphic extension that AOL uses. I had a bunch of old naughty pictures that I found recently that had .ART extensions and it drove me batty trying to figure out how to open them. I finally got around it by right clicking one of them, selecting "open with" then chose Internet Explorer, then "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" so they'll automatically open with IE. Once they're opened in IE you can choose to save them as a JPEG. It's a royal pain and yet another reason to hate AOL :)

I'm assuming your using AOL so when you go to save any new ones save them as a JPEG if you can.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  3. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Yeah I am using AOL and it is a royal pain in the ass, but finally i have the answer i will give it a try.

Thanks again

4. kyle_101

kyle_101 Guest

Works perfect

Yay now I can finally print out those dvd covers that have been sitting about for ages.

Big thanks Nephilim

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Anytime :)