1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio capture prblm ulead movie factory

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by prawnguy, Nov 4, 2003.

1. prawnguy

prawnguy Member

I would like to use a win2000 xp capture card with Ulead Movie Factory to transfer VHS to DVD. I am able to have the program recognize my capture card and the video records well - however I can not get audio to record. Movie Factory detects my audio source as "c -media wave device" , and does not alow me to try different options. I have been waiting weeks for Ulead tech staff to respond to my problem. I suspect it is a setting I have overlooked: I would appreciate any advice from forum members.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Have you made sure that you are Useing the "Line IN" input on your Sound Card??? and Make sure you enabled the Line In Port on your Advanced Audio settings on your PC...That is all I can think of....I hope you realize the DVD MF has Pretty Crapy Capture Quality compared to other Mpeg capture Programs Like WinDVR 3.0 and Many others....Cheers

3. prawnguy

prawnguy Member

Thanks for the advice! I have the proper connection to the "line in" port on the capture card but I did not know there is an "advanced audio setting that I should configure - I will get on to that right away. I particularly appreciate the tip about the other capture program.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you would Like to Try different Mpeg Capture Programs Like WinDVR 3.0 then Message me with your E-Mail and I"ll try to hook you up....Cheers

5. huwie

huwie Guest

I had the same problem, using the Movie Factory 2SE that came bundled with my new DVDEZMaker. I tried using the microphone input instead, and bingo! it captured (distorted) sound to the file -- but none was audible while capturing).

This made me suspect a wrong setting, and eventually I found the following:

click Capture Settings
    choose Capture Properties
    from Property type, choose Audio Capture Filter
    click Properties
    enable Pin Line Input Mix

which worked for me. Seems like they set out to make this bundled software hard to use :-(