1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio dropout

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by PeaInAPod, Apr 16, 2007.

1. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I am not well versed in the ins-and-outs of audio. To state the problem, I have in my car (yes i know this isn't a car audio forum but closest I could come to one) a cd-deck that says 52x4 watt power. I have it hooked up to the amp in my trunk with monster cables and I believe 12 gauge,?, speaker wire. The problem is I will be listening to audio and it will be playing fine when all of a sudden that volume will drop really low. I can still hear it playing and it doesnt skip. It just randomly goes from near as loud as can be to about half that at any given time. Any ideas what could be wrong? Im thinking the connections with the speaker wire but I have checked them all before and the were are solid connections. Im stumped.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Does it happen with everything, or just cds, or just radio?
    It sounds like it's the cd player/radio, or the amp. If they're still under warranty, take them back in and let the service guys check them out.
    Good luck!

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Thanks for the reply, Well I can only assume it happens with the radio to, but since I don't regularly listen to the radio a assumption is the best thing I can offer. I am in the process of contacting the gentleman I bought the car from to see how he installed the CD Deck. Because on my car to work behind the dash you have to options, either take out the entire dash or remove the speaker covers and work through them. Having chosen the second option, I am pondering whether it's possible that the control rod I installed has a wire from the CD deck wrapped around it causing a bad connection there?