1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio out of Sync

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by ossian, Apr 16, 2005.

1. ossian

ossian Guest

Ive burnt a DVD originally an AVI file converted to DVD.
    I'm using Nero to burn , the video quality is excellent, however the audio is about 2-4 secs out of sync. I may be missing something real obvious here, but am I doing something wrong is there a way to remedy this annoying problem?

Any advice pointers appreciated.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Before you encoded the AVI to DVD did you decompress the audio in the AVI file???

If you Did Not decompress the audio and the audio in the AVI file was "VBR Mp3" format then that is Your Problem because VBR MP3 audio allways goes out of Sync after encodeing to another Format unless the audio has been decompressed First...VBR MP3 audio is the Most Common Format Found in Downloaded AVI Movies these days so it is allways a Good Idea to allways decompress the audio in your AVI files before encodeing to another Format...

If you PM me with your E-Mail address I can send you a Simple Tool that Will Turn your AVI files with Compressed audio to an AVI file with Uncompressed audio that will not go out of Sync After encodeing....

Cheers

3. dubcity

dubcity Guest

Hello,

What is the program that is needed please for audio Simple Tool that Will Turn your AVI files with Compressed audio to an AVI file with Uncompressed audio that will not go out of Sync After encodeing....

Thanks John

4. ossian

ossian Guest

Thanks Minion, that sounds like it maybe the problem, the avi plays fine standalone but out of sync when burnt. I have PM'ed you as suggested.

5. slew0408

slew0408 Guest

Thanks Minion, I used the software you provided, and it fixed the audio problem perfectly.....Thanks alot.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
  6. dumbarse

dumbarse Member

Can someone please tell me what this elusive software is as i'm having the same problem and it seems to be getting progressively worse. Any help would be appreciated

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you PM me with your E-mail address I can send it to you....

8. slew0408

slew0408 Guest

i got the software from minion, he has more information about the proggy

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2005
  9. jenk

jenk Member

audio decompressor-it comes with avi2vcd