1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio probs with playback

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mnbc8djm, Feb 22, 2005.

1. mnbc8djm

mnbc8djm Member

Hey all.
    Sorry to be a pain but i have a small problem when watching my windows media player10 sometimes.
    I get no sound through my speakers thought the picture is fine, have no idea what the problem is as the speakers work the rest of the time.
    The rig is Windows XP sp2, ASUS A7N8X delux MB with the sound comming from NIVIDIA(R) nFORCE Tm AUDIO (if that means anything to anyone?)
    I have used a free download called Gspot which should identify the problem and it tells me that:
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x00d411dc ("stream01") on AVI splitter to input pin 0x201eeae ("intervideo audio decoder").Connectdirect[] failed. Error 0x80040207: There is no common media type between these pins.

If anyone has a clue about what this means and how to fix it i would be most grateful.
    Codecs by any chance??

Many thanks

DamianUK

2. Olz56

Olz56 Member

acctually ran into this thread looking for a solution to the same problem. Try downloading AVIcodec, which is basically the same thing as G-spot except with AVIcodec you can actually d/l new filters and codecs that run with the file your trying to open.
    you can get it from this site
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=AVIcodec
    when you get the program open the file with it and at the audio format at the bottom just click web and itll take you to where you can get a compatible codecs and filters