1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio streams in DVDFab Platinum 5.0.9.0

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by dr_ml422, Oct 2, 2008.

1. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Hi creaky. Thnx for confirming this. I thought I was the only one that noticed this issue or w/e. The thing is that even if you select all when using fab you have to be mindful which one is highlighted in blue because that's the one that will be copied and played. I didn't even bother to check if I could of somehow got rid of it through any of the options in display on my stand alone. Probably not as it's the one that got copied straight through. No option to take it out once it's fixed on the copy.

Why did you go back to fab after using shrink to figure out the correct streams? Shrink would compress it and burn w/imgburn if you'd like to. It's already ripped.

Also I did download the free fabhd last night but it wouldn't show up like previous versions. The whole thingy asking you if you want to sample platinum or gold comes up w/the free hd bar that you could click and then use. Looks like it's not really a hard copy to the hd in program files, but rather linked to fab. The platinum is linked also in a way as far as checking for new updates so i don't know. One thing though is that if I want any of the previous versions or the latest 5.0.9.0 I would have to change the path on the folder that it would be downloaded to, or else it would write over any previous version, even the free fabhd. You do that also?

As far as DVD Rebuilder I was turned on to it a while back, but never followed up. What's the latest stable version, and do you need a decrypter w/it before you clean up any files and use it? Is the interface or learning curve pretty reasonable? Thnx.

I personally e-mailed Fab about this whole audio thing. Hopefully they'll eliminate that blue highlight from dominating the audio that's copied. I wonder if this is a new trick in protection to mess one up?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- can't remember, it would have been a movie or disc that Shrink alone couldn't copy due to new encryptions. I would have ripped the disc in full via Fab, then fired up Shrink purely to check which audio track was which. (I don't use AnyDVD but if i did i could have used just Shrink instead of Fab). But i don't so i can't so i didn't :p

i don't have to faff about with anything, i ujust install each Fab update as and when and it justs installs & runs without any messing/renaming.

The 'latest' free version is something like 0.98, and it's 2 years old now. Never used the freebie version so no idea how it works etc. The latest paid version is 1.28.2 and it's brilliant!, i use it with the awesome and free HC Encoder, currently at version 0.23.
    As to ripping, yes you need a ripper as Rebuilder can't do that.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  3. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Thnx Creaky. I gotta take some time n learn some of the more advanced digital programs. It's better for me anyways to at least get familiar w/the proggies via any notes or help files. That way I'm not running around like a chicken w/out a head posting all over w/out 1st doing research. lol...

Hey the new Fab came out. Gotta give it to Fengtao n his crew they're definitely on the ball.

4. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

@ dr_ml422

I wish more people would follow these words of wisdom. Well said. :)

5. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Brother ferguji1, where would be the fun in that? They would never come back to ask us questions that we could tell them to search....for...the...answer.....on second thought, that would make our job a whole lot easier!!

6. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

You make an excellent point as on second thought I am glad that people post those type of questions. Without them I would still be a n00b as those are the only ones I know the answers to. :O hehehe

7. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Learned the hard way believe me. Lot of reading and some time involved as always but better off in the long run. True though if no more ?'s then no forum in regards to that, but when you at least try to figure it out via the help files etc... then the replies to our ?'s are more the sweeter. At least you know you gave it a shot.