1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio sync problems with tmpgenc - ot but don't know who else ot ask...

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by mikeedc, Jul 7, 2003.

1. mikeedc

mikeedc Member

posted this in the general video discussion but no one seems to want to answer, so although this is highly off topic, i'd appreciate any pointers anyone may have.

---------------------------------
    searched for ages but never really found any answers so i'll see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

first things first, my dillema from the start. i recently bought loads of cd's off ebay for one of my favourite shows scrubs, i figured they'd be vcd's so that would be fine, turns out they are only to be on my pc (they are divx files) - to put peoples mind at ease they weren't ripped from dvd's or anything as they aren't available on dvd, so i don't think i'm really infringing on any copyright issues here.

there are 46 episodes in total, so i decided to make them SVCD compliant and stick them on a dvd (or 4) like i have done for some of my tv shows i have created before - i have never had problems until now. i made 11 no problems then on the 12, a problem - the audio goes out of sync. i used TMPGEnc to split the mpg into two files (audio and video) and i realised that while the video is 30.30 minutes the audio is only 30.29. the audio starts ok but gradually goes about 1 or 2 seconds out.

the original AVI (divx) is fine and has no sync issues.

i saw plenty of posts but never found any resolutions to this problem, so if anyone has encountered this and knows how to resolve the issue i would love to know.

thanks,
    michael

ps i got my uni results today orphius - 2:1 - get in!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Well Done Mike, proud of ya. I got into to Queens University to do Business IT.

Anyway, ;-), THis can sometimes happen if the original frames per second were changed at the time of the encoding to DivX. I think you should be able to patch it up in Virtual Dub no problem and re-align the sound. I haven't used Virtual dub, but a lot of people have posted similar questions and that was the general answer.

Chris :)