1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Tag 8192

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by markandco, Aug 24, 2003.

1. sporty450

sporty450 Guest

Ghostship-I've gone to the control panel/add-remove programs, and I can't get in. It's remove only. Were you talking about something different?

I'm fairly new at this, but I'm learning. Where do you go in the control panel?

mike

2. ghostship

ghostship Guest

Sporty450

not the add/remove program

if you have install the ac3 filter

you will find this icon

[​IMG]

in your control panel

click on that, if its not there then it hase not been installed

3. sporty450

sporty450 Guest

Thanks ghostship! I couldn't find anything in the ac3 that helped much, but I had installed the K-lite codec, as suggested by someone else earlier in this thread, and I was able to get more volume inside it. I seem to have lost some video quality though.

mike

4. kyphosis

kyphosis Member

hi ghostship,
    need some help here....so after u click the AC3 icon in control panel then wat u do??...wat stuff do i need to change to get my sound louder?? appreciate ur help

5. ghostship

ghostship Guest

it all depands on what sound card you are using [bold] Kyphosis[/bold], the panel is limited to what you sound card can do, but you should be able to increase the volume there, if you have IRC come and see me there on

server [bold]irc.freshirc.de[/bold]

and /join #emule-chat

hope to see you there it will be easyer to chat to you

6. beachdown

beachdown Member

7. beachdown

beachdown Member

Last edited: May 12, 2004
  8. monsm

monsm Member

Thanks for the help.
    I followed the link in Praetor's posting. Installed it and it all works like a dream first time. Sourceforge.net has lots of useful things...
    I didn't have to change the default settings (I have a similar machine to Praetor's running XP). If you do need to change the settings (to get higher sound volume or whatever), there is a nice icon in the control panel (saying "AC3 filter"). After doing changes, restart your audio/move player as the warning box says at the start.
    [bold]mons[/bold]

9. xpunkjoex

xpunkjoex Member

So I downloaded a movie and I tried to open it with Divx and it said missing Audio Tag 8192. I could watch the movie fine but no sound. So I downloaded the DSPlayer and now I can hear the sound great but the movie looks all distorted. Any ideas how I can fix this?? I open the movie with Divx DSPlayer Windows Media Player and they all look the same.

10. xpunkjoex

xpunkjoex Member

Well I decided to uninstall the DSPlayer and now the video looks great with Divx hmmm I dont know but at least it works now!!

11. ghostship

ghostship Guest

The Dsplayer must have had the Audio Tag 8192 codec in it and DivX is now using it in its player

12. espadon

espadon Member

Thanks to Beachdown and the provided link I got everything solved within minutes from visiting this forum.
    Keep up that great work guys !

13. brdjames

brdjames Member

thanks for the help it works awsome!

14. zacarias

zacarias Member

chingon compa esta madre si jalo!!

15. pelham

pelham Member

Hi, sorry for digging up this old thread. I was having the same problems and I came across this forum after I did a search. I have followed the link and installed the ac3filter. But the sound is very weak. I tried to follow the above advice, but I couldn't even find the filter icon in the control panel. Am I looking at the wrong place? Thank you any help is appreciated.

16. pelham

pelham Member

Hi please ignore my previous post. I don't know what happened but when I opened the file again it worked like a charm, the sound came out beautifully! Thanks everyone for your help.

17. TheTorg

TheTorg Guest

Just in case anybody looks at this post and has similar problems, you should know that the error message they all recieved was the same, but did not mean the same thing. There are many audio codecs out there, and the avi container doesn't descriminate. The reason many of them had different solutions was simply because their videos had different audio codecs. Luckily, there is a tool which will give you information about your videos.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Once you know what codec the video has, it is very easy to locate and download it.

18. tdatb

tdatb Member

Hey, guess what movie download sent me here in search of the audio codec?..............Ghostship ;P Got it working fine in WMP now, but still won't work in DivX Player. Oh well, only need one player, right? Anyway, thanks for the help.