1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio won't capture with Creator 2 WinDVD Suite

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by driven, Dec 23, 2004.

1. driven

driven Member

hi all...
    I am using the Asus P4P800 E- Deluxe and it was bundled with the WinDVD suite. So far I am trying to use the Creator 2 program and it grabs video great via the Svideo in of the Gainward ti4200 Vivo Golden Sample video card.
    I am using the onboard sound with no other audio devices connected but I can hear the audio from the DVD player, to my computer speakers but the Creator 2 is not participating. I checked all the drop downs and it is all set up but my system seems to bypass it. What am I doing wrong? You would think something bundled in the box, and it does say on the OEM package of Win DVD suite that this version only works with Asus mobos. So wtf? Is my overclocking scaring the chip away? Is there some strange bios setting that i have to switch off. I tried a few of the strange ones but that didn't change either (stand alone audio, post speech, etc...)

Help!! program looks good.. seems to have good video capture.

Thanks all

-Bill lotus@comcast.net

2. vlasor

vlasor Guest

hmmm...couple things come to mind....try the wizard part of Creator. What is your sound set at? Dolby or mpeg? Try both see if that helps. Also, make sure you audio device is set correctly when in capture mode.

Vlasor

3. driven

driven Member

nothing wrong with the settings.. in fact i was able to get Nero 6 running smoothly in seconds. I have no idea why Creator 2 is ignoring the audio in (mic or line in)

i might use the windvd suite for editing?? or just go back to trusty vegas video 3. Is the windvd editor good?