1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto Gk

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by sotris99, Aug 11, 2004.

1. sotris99

sotris99 Member

Yesterday i used for the first time Auto Gk to back up my movie. I selected that the final avi has to be 1cd 700 mb and the final avi was 510 mb. What can i do?

2. buxton

buxton Regular member

Never used it - but - do you have to enter a bit rate for the movie? Sounds like it is too low - I assume you want to fill the whole 700Mb.

Do a search on bitrate calculator.

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

No, you just tell it '700MB' and it figures bitrates that will get you damn close: Bitrate Calculator built in :)
    Actually fundamental to the software, wouldn't function without it.
    Dunno Sotris, you just messed up somewhere. It really does work.
    Check your settings carefully incl. audio settings, good luck.
    When you get 'em 700MB maybe you won't ever find out (or care) why that one was 510MB...
    Regards

4. buxton

buxton Regular member

Does it have a maximum bitrate it can go up to? For arguments sake lets say 6000. Maybe the length of the movie is short and 510Mb is as good as it gets.

Or will it just increase the bitrate untill the 700Mb limit is achieved?

5. TheTorg

TheTorg Guest

There is no such thing as a maximum bitrate. Especially when making full-length films to fit on 1 CD.

Most likely you input some wrong information, such as AC3 audio rather than MP3 or somesuch.

If it still seems to overestimate the final filesize, try compensating by telling it to make a 900MB file.

6. TheTorg

TheTorg Guest

Actually it just occurred to me that GKnot might be estimating the filesize based on an earlier version of DivX. Since DivX 5.2 has much higher compression for the same bitrate, GK might be underestimating the compression capabilities of DivX; GK doesn't know about the new version.

Your only solution would then be to tell it to make a 900 MB file to compensate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2004