1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVI Straight To DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whitedawg, Nov 19, 2004.

1. whitedawg

whitedawg Member

Ok I downloaded the new movie Saw and it is in 2 parts The Saw 1 of 1.avi and 2 of 2.avi now as I was reading reviews I saw that DVD Cloner 2 can burn AVI's does that mean I don't have to convert them to MPEG, can I just straght burn them to DVD or do I have to convert them??
    Also I use Cucusoft converter and I have converted one of the files to a .mpg so on DVD Cloner 2 how would I add the 2 files once they were converted to .mpg

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Use DiVX to DVD to convert to DVD compliant files (Video TS) and then burn to disc. You should be able to put both 1 and 2 onto the same disc after conversion as long as both files total less than 4.38Gb. You can get the software from here (download the free trial version - it works fine):-
    http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

3. whitedawg

whitedawg Member

Ok I have done the conversion from Divx to DVD so what about the quality is there a better program that will make the quality better when I convert it because when I was done converting the movie the quality was the same as when I downloaded the movie which is good I was just wondering if there was a program where I could get better quality?? also if I leave it the same and just burn the movie with the quality like it is will it look better when I watch it on tv??

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

The reason it looks the same is because the movie was probably illegally recorded in a cinema and don't forget this site does not support such behaviour or action.