1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to dvd separate audio and video how do u burn it

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by coomer, Feb 5, 2004.

1. coomer

coomer Guest

hi this may sound stupid and i have read the help guides but once u have used tmpg and virtual dub do u have 2 seperate files and if so do u burn them on the same disc by just adding the files and then it will work? I am also getting an error on virtual dub saying it has to change avi to 48100 ms of skew so i am missing some quality already why?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If Virtual Dub says that it is saying that because the Audio in your AVI file is useing a VBR Encodeing Method, This will totally Screw up the audio Sync when encodeing to Mpeg so you have to decompress the VBR audio to Wav...So load in your AVI file then under Video set it to "Direct stream copy" and under "Audio" set it to "Full Processing mode" and under "Audio" to "Compression" and set it to "None" and then go to "file" to "Save AVI" and give the File a name and save it and in a Few Minutes you will have an AVI file with Uncompressed audio that you can encode in Tmpgenc...In Tmpgenc Make sure that the Audio format is "NOT" set to "LPCM", set it to "Mpeg1 Layer 2" ,Now when you encode you will not have a seperate audio and Video File , you will have a single Mpeg file with Audio in it..Useing LPCM audio is a Bad Idea Because it can take up to 10 times the Disk space as Mpeg1 layer 2 audio, which is Far to much Space on the DVD to waste on the Audio which Takes away from the Bitrate you can use to Achieve better Video Quality....The way you Create a DVD is you use a DVD authoring Program Like "Tmpgenc DVD author" you can not just Burn the Files to DVD as a Data Disk the Files have to be Properly Formated with the Menu"s and Chapters that you Choose, any Half decent DVD authoring Program will accept Seperate audio and Video Files to create a DVD ,If you are Makeing a VCD or SVCD you have to use Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio and then files have to Be in a Single Mpeg file so with them you can not use Seperate audio and Video files so you will Have to Multiplex the Audio and Video together....Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2004
  3. coomer

coomer Guest

thanks a lot minion i will give it a go cheers m8