1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

avi to mpeg programs shut down

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by chente, Nov 4, 2004.

1. chente

chente Guest

every avi to mpeg program i try to run says that errors occured and it needs to shut down. I click cancel and it shuts down. I have about 1 gig of memory left on my c drive, I don't think this is the problem as i was doing fine a couple of days ago.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You don't have enough room on your hard drive. You need to get a larger hard drive.

3. chente

chente Guest

Thanks for the post. Ok, I thought that might be the problem. My C drive is full, and I can't figure out how to free up space. I uninstalled all unused programs, I cleaned temp files, I emptied the internet cache, I did scandisk and defrag.
    The system files folder is about 32gig, and everything visable on there seems pretty small. I can't find the large files. Is it possible that something is hidden on there that I don't need? How can I get my C drive trimmed down? Do I need to backup the files and nuke the C drive? Please show me how to get rid of unneeded stuff in the system files folder because it says that I can't delete anything from this folder.
    Thanks, it means a lot to me.

4. chente

chente Guest

It's a few days later and I've succeeded in clearing 3.57 gigs on my C drive and the burning/converting programs still generate errors and shut down. They worked fine before with this much space. I can't figure it out...

5. chente

chente Guest

I STILL CAN'T GET THESE PROGRAMS TO WORK! I'ts been a few more days and I haven't had any luck. I checked into system recovery, but I erased all my restore points when I was trying to free up space on my c drive. I checked into reconfiguring my drive, but i'm not sure what that entails. Could someone please help, I'm so frustrated and would love to see some reward for my labors. Thanks everyone.